Sunday, April 1, 2018

MARY BONE



MARY BONE

WORD WHISPERERS

Word Whisperers throughout the day
Shout words also at night
Over intercoms and loud speakers.
Voices come at me
From many directions.
Ventriloquists are on street corners
Playing mind games with passersby.
As they look over their shoulders
and keep on walking.
Earmuffs are always in my pocket.
t
(Word Whisperers poem has appeared on Literary Yard Magazine)






GLOWING EMBERS

I pounded bones on old hides-
Music to deaf ears
A warning sound to surrounding tribes.
Impending doom awaited warriors from
Another village-
Dare they get too close
To glowing embers.







THE SAND DUNES OF SUMMER

I was caught in the sand dunes of summer
When winter hit hard.

Icicles were my earrings.
While catching a wave,
Seagulls flew overhead
As the sun melted my frozen heart.
Somehow, my thoughts are
Still lost at sea.

MARY BONE

MARY BONE has been writing poetry and short stories since the age of twelve. Her poems have appeared in magazines, journals and online blogs. The most recent acceptance is currently posted at Whispers in the Wind Blogspot and Literary Yard. She is currently working on a third book.



1 comment :

  1. Your poem affected life?! Yes, you can share your lovely poem and its great "after story" with the world... Submit now on LifePoemsProject.com

    ReplyDelete