Friday, December 1, 2023

ANNA CZACHOROWSKA

 



1

    

Today I jumped off a train

the express of my life

Just for a short time

Just for a little while

Was my accident seen by anyone?

Me and you

two diverse worlds

Along different tracks they speed

Parallelly

in the wrong directions

We will never meet

 

I must jump on

Slam shut the door

In spite of a piercing pain

I must travel further, further

Cry and suffer? – No way!

 

2

 

I walk away from my world

of closed windows and doors

Dreams I weave into braids

on rainy days of fall

 

I walk away backward, into a shell

as a crab does, I am already there

Penance I do once again

my conscience with sin I don’t hurt

 

I walk away from you, for I must

such would be God’s wish, and yours too

My tears won’t move anyone

the dreams will never come true!

 

3

 

Day by day

Moment by moment

You are more distant to me

rather than closer

 

You draw away

from my thoughts

from my dreams

from my reality

 

Like a train from a platform

like a ship from a port

like a wave from a shore

like the ultimate call

 

Translated From Polish By: Anna Maria Stepień

 

 

ANNA CZACHOROWSKA

 

ANNA CZACHOROWSKA was born in Warsaw. She graduated from the Warsaw University. She is a member of Polish Writers’ Union, a member of the Board of Association for the Promotion of Polish Creative Output, a member of Polish Authors’ Association, a member of Movimiento Poetas del Mundo, and also a member of Slavic Academy of Literature and Arts in Bulgaria. She publishes eight books of poetry: I Was the Rose of Your Winter, Touching Happiness, Love Knockedat the Door, Before the Sun Descends the Slope,17 Ljóð, In the Anteroom of Dreams, In the Anteroom of Dreams– Polish-English edition, With an Outstretched Wing– Polish-English-Spanish. They were published in numerous Polish poetry anthologies and included in the Anthologies of Polish Authors’ Association. Her poems also appeared in international literary magazines, e.g. in AZAHAR literary magazine in Spain. Her works were translated in to Russian, English, Spanish, Bulgarian, Romanian, Belorussian, Slovak, Serbian, Italian, Greek, Telugu and in to Icelandic (a whole book: 17 Ljóð). In 2016 and 2017, Anna Czachorowska’s poems with Her biographical note were published in the Anthology of World Poets (Una Antologia Anual de Poetas del Mundo). In the years 2018-2021 her poems appeared in Anthologies which were the outcome of Poetry Festivals in Russia, Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and India. In May 2011, she was awarded the Honorary Decoration for Merit to Polish Culture by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage. In May 2017, she received Gloria Artis Bronze Medal from the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage. In October 2022, Anna Czachorowska received the Honorary Decoration of PolishWriters’ Union for distinguished service to this organization.

 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment