Monday, June 1, 2015

STEVEN W. BAKER


STEVEN W. BAKER
HEAD TRANSPLANT
I read today about the world's first head transplant
But the source was just some website in Qatar
And snopes.com says it's a faux news story
Which illustrates something about internet news.
Then I read that a real head transplant is planned
For 2017 in Italy as soon as the surgeon reads up
On how to do it, I suppose, or maybe they need
A suitable volunteer with a low freak-out level.
But the whole thing got me thinking, of course
About how the rich will become even more ghoulish
As they get old, sicken, and start looking around
With evil eyes such as have never been seen before.
About how interesting it might be if my head
Were transplanted onto a young woman's body
And how fascinating my life might become --
With just me and her alone in bed all night.
STEVEN W. BAKER


No comments :

Post a Comment