Wednesday, July 1, 2015

CHRYSSA VELISSARIOU


CHRYSSA VELISSARIOU
OIL LAMP

With so much love around me
how could I -the "powerful" one-
truly understand
wilderness,
destitution,
loneliness,
abandonment?
They exist in both breadth and depth!
I sense they exist
I never practically experienced them though.
All I know
is that I say Hail Marys
every morning and evening
and I bow gratefully to whatever
I have sacred,
for the garden it was given
to me and where I sprouted.
I wish at least the fate of my parents
who lived, no matter how, but
with their children alive and active around,
who will close, as it seems,
their eyes surrounded by people they love.
No matter how "small" our lives seem,
they are in fact so "big",
if they are happening steadily
around a pivotal arc of
ongoing and sincere love.
So I think,we are lucky
and we surely are in charge
of conveying
this constant value
through no matter personal sacrifice.
Let me burn as a lamp lighting up
with the oil of the love I received
even if I'm consumed.
At least I can do this.
(C)CHRYSSA VELISSARIOU2015

No comments :

Post a Comment