Wednesday, July 1, 2015

DAVID M.SMITH


DAVID M. SMITH
DISTANT SHORELINES --- 2nd VERSION

Distant shorelines --- outlined with trees
Whisper my name in the tropical breeze
Shadows of palm trees striping sunlit beaches
Bare roots revealed where the water reaches
A crab walking sideways, he almost looks drunk
Woodpecker making noise, playing drums on a tree trunk
The salt air, like a soap, cleans my love torn soul
Stumbling happily in deep sand, climbing sea oat covered knolls.
Left behind, concrete jungles, --- where life is so terrible
Bitterness, hatred, and greed so unbearable
All erased by the moon --- lighting dolphins as they play
Gone like the sun, --- as it set over the bay.
If there was only a way to spend my whole life here
Flying my spirit like a kite as waves echo in my ear
As the tide flows out --- taking my worries out to sea
I hear the distant shorelines --- gently calling me.
© JUNE 2015 BY DAVID M. SMITH

No comments :

Post a Comment