Tuesday, November 1, 2016

GEORGE ONSY

GEORGE ONSY

THE WORD CHALLENGING THE SWORD

I’ve been asked to write a speech
On a celebration of a great forum
Founded to call for the victory
Of the daughters of thought;
The words, the words,
Breathed out or written
Immortal forever to be.
But as I started to write,
My words came out
Of my head and ran away
From my finger cage
To weave verses shouting loud:
We, the invincible creation
Of human conscience,
Are forever mightier than
You, sword of violence
Symbol of terrorism
Come on!
Stab! Wound! Behead!
The red row of martyrs
Is still long, very long
As it has always been,
As long as human history’s
Never ending divine story.
Your rattle may echo
Thundering in diabolic discord
With cries and mourning
Of countless orphans and widows
But we, as written bold,
As penned sharp
Are determined to knock down
The logic of mortals’ power
Never forgetting that
We are, with every and each
Drop of blood, rebuilding up
The universal martyr
Who by own sacrifice,
Dawning the resurrection,
Is to tread your master
Leader, Idol and god;
The very notion of death.
George Onsy – Egypt
© 2016







ON DIVINE LOVE
To God ….

THE DELIGHT OF EXISTING

I know nothing.
All I know is that I do exist.
Long ago,
Before the time’s reign
You called up loud
The very concept of my being
Out of the blackest silence
Of the non-existence unbegun
In order for me to BE, to live,
Singing the delights of existing,
Here an’ now,
Beyond an’ forever,
By you, through you, for you.
Oh, I only feel I do exist
When I whisper it: I LOVE YOU!

George Onsy – Egypt
© 2015







YOU ARE LOVE 15

Yes, I can hear your heartbeat
Giving a lively rhythm
To the whole universe
Of creatures ready to dance
I can feel your divine breath
Giving life to every thing
So that they can exhale
To each other
Poems of affection
Messages of compassion
Oh, let me weave
Out of your waves of energy
Vivid colors, resonant tunes
And sweet flavors
That invite all to go drunk
With an immortal joy.

George Onsy – Egypt
© 2014







YOU ARE LOVE - 16

I it is a great pleasure
To be aware that
You ARE
Always and forever
THERE
Because my existence
Does exist in yours
My lost defeated joy
I will surely find again
In your eternal
Unshaken JOY

George Onsy – Egypt
© 2014







YOU ARE LOVE – 17

Oh! How I enjoy reading
Your daily poems written
With flower-scented breezes …
With golden sun rays
Warming fresh morning air …
With green leaves that shiver
To dance at the coming
Of daringly wooing winds …
With joyful pearly waters
That race jumping down
The twisting brooks …
With smiling moons
At their monthly full blossom.


© 2014
GEORGE ONSY – EGYPT




No comments :

Post a Comment