Thursday, December 1, 2016

CAROLINE MORPHEW

CAROLINE MORPHEW

KNOTS UNTIED ARE VINES

Is sad if one cannot dream

of rivers bathed in bluish-green

or mossy beds on which to lie~

Would be the saddest shame
If one could not drown in passion's rain
Or clutch to vines of purple ribbons~

No regrets lie in a mind of sensuality
that has a playground of amusements
parks filled with birds of scarlet and tiny flowers~

Hope hanging like festooned branches
glimmers of dew drenched like diamonds
ponds tucked within trees coven~

Drenched flesh of two hearts
to heart secrets under surface of smiles
Priceless treasures behind doors~

'Tis sad the soul that feels it is whimsy
Not open enough to allow the rain to fall
Heartbreaking the one who feasted upon the slightest taste~

No confidence to dare swim deeper and perhaps
dies awaiting for the train to show
yet the dusty road's expanse lies lonely~

A soul so sad to tell one swinging from vines
Dressed in pink flowers that those vines are
In one's imagination if clinging to the perfect chariot~

Or perhaps a new concoction brushes moist lips
Butterflied hearts floating on waves that cover
and pull under in frenzied rapture oh a symphony~

Not a heart alive can deny the beauty of these words
like trinkets of shimmering colors tinkling with chimes
Sad the one who has thought enough to dare deny another~

The grandeur of these longings and sweet tips upon
tongues that tango in a mellow mood
Still the passion of the ones who see these prisms~

Who refuse to look upon what may be
but rather grip tightly to these dreams
in rainbow Technicolor hues~

For this is love.

© Caroline - all rights reserved Sept 2014






CAST AWAY

As sleep evades

I wonder as if inside of a dream awake,

I avoid letting my mind escape

to the place that will hurt me~


That place between real and illusion

The place that feeds my every fear~


Those fears that are neatly wrapped

in yellowed paper and wrinkled bows,

Those doubts that choke me into submission

and pull me under like quick sand~


I sink deeper into the muck

if I dare open the worn out pages,~

The book has been read before

and over analyzed then ripped apart~


Bound up with empty words and utterances

Yet freed by things unknown and kept~


As a bride prepares for her groom 

so my mind for hers~


Who is the groom there?

Will he escort her over the threshold

of her sanity and welcome new air~


He may simply turn and fade into the midnight 

as she clings to shreds of hope, 

A disquiet feeds her dilemma 

as racing thoughts encumber~


Trepidation easily ensnares

and trips within nets of faintheartedness~


Clinging to vines of certainty 

wound closely to her grieving heart~


An effete heart resides

and pumps dreams and visions

to the very soul~


Though it is supple

it is brave yet easily fragmented

Where shards can cut 
caring hands of protection
Uplift the poignant bleeding-heart

give reason to surrender~

© Caroline - all rights reserved







I GAZE AT THE STARS

Twinkle little moon

I see a man in your stars.

Is he really that far?

Oh star so bright

won't you darken 

up tonight?


Don't cast your beams

so readily upon my dreams.

Go behind the clouds

for awhile and go that extra mile

if you would blocking out

the sun that provides

cold days for me.

The sun a dim orb

that hardly shines

upon the climate.


Why can't you

find it within

to blaze a trail

of light for me? 

Or do you prefer

to hide in a haven

with your cosmic friend

moon?

All rights reserved 2012
©
CAROLINE


CAROLINE MORPFHEW is a mother and a grandmother that lives in Tulsa Oklahoma USA..She loves to write especially poetry and makes her living ghost writing.. She is a published author you can find her on Lulu.com and Amazon.

2 comments :

  1. hello GIRLFIEND.. your poetry is some of the best.. GO GIRL GO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful beautiful Poetry, Caroline. I don't know which one I loved more so I will say I loved all three equally so. You are very talented and I love your word choices and each poem had its own tone and mood, I like that. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete