Tuesday, January 1, 2019

ELIZA SEGIET



ELIZA SEGIET

FLOWER BUDS

Somewhere in me and in you,

somewhere in us

inside

an invisible ghost

blossoms like flower buds.

It lets you

in a marble boulder

conjure a woman,

allows clay to turn into a work of art.

A girl to transform into a mother,

Loving mother.



Pąki kwiatów

Gdzieś we mnie i w tobie,

gdzieś w nas

wewnątrz

niewidzialny duch

rozkwita jak pąki kwiatów.

Pozwala

w marmurowym głazie

wyczarować kobietę,

glinę zamienić w dzieło sztuki.

Dziewczynę przeistoczyć w matkę,

Kochającą matkę.







KALEIDOSCOPE

I had a dream,

everyone stood dressed

probably in white bandages.

There was a cupboard,

on it, an alarm clock.

I was asleep!

When I woke up,

I saw everything

like in a kaleidoscope.

They stood,

he called.

Now I know,

it was not me who had a dream,

it was him who had me.

I, covered in white,

frozen like ice.

The same,

yet different.

I slowly melt.


Kalejdoskop

Miałam sen,

wszyscy stali ubrani

chyba w białe bandaże.

Była szafka,

na niej budzik.

Spałam!

Kiedy się obudziłam,

widziałam wszystko

jak w kalejdoskopie.

Oni stali,

on dzwonił.

Teraz wiem,

to nie ja miałam sen,

tylko on miał mnie.

Ja w objęciach bieli,

zastygła jak lód.

Ta sama,

a jednak inna.

Powoli topnieję.






IF I WERE

If I were

like the wind and whispered silence,

If I was

like a cloud and covered the sun,

If I were…



I am

only a woman.

With the word I hug hearts,

and a word I warm with the word.


Gdybym była

Gdybym była

jak wiatr i szeptała ciszą,

gdybym była

jak chmura i okrywała słońce,

gdybym była…



Jestem

tylko kobietą.

Słowem przytulam serca,

a słowo ocieplam słowem.

TRANSLATED BY ARTUR KOMOTER

ELIZA SEGIET


ELIZA SEGIET – Master's Degree graduate in Philosophy. Completed postgraduate studies in Cultural Knowledge, Philosophy, Penal Revenue and Economic Criminal Law, Arts and Literature at Jagiellonian University, as well as Penal Revenue Law, Film and Television Production in Lodz. Torn between poetry and drama. Likes to look into the clouds, but keeps both feet on the ground. Her heart is close to the thought of Schopenhauer: "Ordinary people merely think how they shall 'spend' their time; a man of talent tries to 'use' it". Featured poet of the Month (June 2017) in The Year of the Poet 14 in the USA. Author's poem "Questions" was the Publication of the Month (August 2017) Author the International Publication of the Year (2017) in Spillwords Press. Laureate of the International Special Prize "Frang Bardhi – 2017". Second place in the International Competition "Nature 2017-2018" for the poem "Bunches of Fruit". Author of the Month (January/February 2018) in Spillwords Press. Author of the Month (May 2018) in the Indian Our Poetry Archive. Featured poet of the Month (July 2018) in The Year of the Poet in the USA. Featured poet of the Month (September 2018) in The Year of Poet in the USA. Author's works can be found in anthologies and literary magazines in Poland and abroad (Albania, Australia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Chile, Canada, Great Britain, India, Kosovo, Philippines, Portugal, Romania, Scotland, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, USA, Zambia).




No comments :

Post a Comment