Tuesday, January 1, 2019

BLANCA ALICIA GARZA



BLANCA ALICIA GARZA

A FACE IN THE CROWD

I have many faces to choose from,
so many looks that could fool you;
I can wear a smile when I feel sad,
or laugh when I want to cry.
I have many faces that can deceive,
some to please those I don’t even know.
I may be silent when I’m screaming inside,
I tire of having to face such unfounded criticism,
but today I choose to wear my own armor;
to fend off those painful words hurled
as I stand before you so very tall and proud;
I’ll confront this unjust and unkind world.







HOLLOWNESS

Pretty young girls
Playing at being women
Full of rivalry
Friendship is rare
Empty heads
Lonely starving souls
"A like" ignites their fire
"No likes" show a bit more
Childhood lost
Technology is the thief
Parenting time
Replaced with expensive "toys"
Hollow hearts
Craving for affection
Finding none there,
Their spirits wither.







BRAIN WASHED

What is happening
with our beautiful world
It is tumbling and
Falling apart.

We're destroying it
with hatred and beliefs

We're living with fear
even to turn on the TV

To find just bad news there
and meaningless advertising

Poison in our food
New diseases
But less cures

Where the clowns now
wear suits and ties

And the Justice has
closed their eyes.

BLANCA ALICIA GARZA

BLANCA ALICIA GARZA is a Poet from Las Vegas, Nevada. She is a nature and animal lover, and enjoys spending time writing. Her poems are published in the Poetry Anthologies, "Moonlight Dreamers of Yellow Haze", and "Dandelions in a Vase of Roses".  Blanca's work can be found in The Poet Community, Whispers, The Winamop Journal, Indiana Voice Journal, Tuck Magazine, Raven's Cage Ezine, Scarlet Leaf Review as well as Birdsong Anthology 2016, Vol 1. Blanca was recently nominated for The Best of the Net 2017.



No comments :

Post a Comment