Monday, June 1, 2020

LINDA IMBLER


LINDA IMBLER

Amid Our Covenant
To Which We Held Firm

Should the distance of death separate us,
Will you remember what I did right?
Forget my many mistakes we discussed.
Can you render trivial our old slights?
Putting what really mattered out of sight,
From time now on I will do this for you,
Offer unto me the same true delight,
Your promise kept each and every night,
When the truth of your feelings will come to light.
A vow made by you to me yesterday
Amid our covenant to which we held firm,
Sworn oaths whispered from Monday to Monday,
Hearts tested much, not to be disallowed,
Let not that distance separate us now.








Commencement Speaker

I noticed the smile,
the gleaming white enameled teeth,
but quickly shifted attention to the eyes.
Zeroed in on their blink rate and hard focus.
I suspected he was speaking what was expected.

As I studied him,
I watched the shift,
eyes opening wide to reveal a pretense of truth
or eyes squinting shut in some concerted effort.
I could note feigned fervor,
with sadness following,
then recovery,
as he bluffed his affectation.

In this place crowded with others,
I watched his vacant eyes look past them,
off in the distance,
remembering a time
when integrity ruled.

And when there was nothing else to recall,
he let his eyes close against those memories,
reopened them,
feigning no hostility,
only aloofness.
Looking out,
seeing the crowd,
his deception intact.


And as the commencement ended,
I watched his lids softly droop,
his lashes moistened.
Proving to me
the absolute truth of his heart and his mind.








Waiting In The Wings (Gnostics)

I want you to introduce me to Sophia.
Let me travel with her to find knowledge and wisdom.
Lift my soul and carry me to the West on your back.
I want to know the secret of the Aeon,
want to feel the flow from God,
want to break free of physical trappings.
I want to let my divine soul
transcend the material world.
I want to keep the lessons of
Cerinthus and wait for the second coming,
when gnosis descends.
But, in the interim,
I must allow
for my own
personal spiritual knowledge
to present itself to me.


LINDA IMBLER

LINDA IMBLER’S poetry collections include three published works by Amazon, “Big Questions, Little Sleep,” “Lost and Found,” and “Red Is The Sunrise.”  Soma Publishing has published her three e-book collections, “The Sea’s Secret Song,” “Pairings,” a hybrid of short fiction and poetry, and “That Fifth Element.” She is a Pushcart and Best of the Net nominee.  Examples of Linda’s poetry and a listing of publications can be found at lindaspoetryblog.blogspot.com.  In addition to writing, she helps her husband, a Luthier, build acoustic guitars.

No comments :

Post a Comment