Monday, June 1, 2020

THADDEUS HUTYRA



THADDEUS HUTYRA

Maestro

I sat in the theatre box
Almost half-sleep.

Maestro entered the podium
A virtuoso conductor
With dishevelled hair.

His first move with his baton
And… it happened!

Before my very eyes
And in the world of my sensations
I saw, I felt miracles’ power
Like in stellar storm with lightnings!

Appassionata!
Revolutionary Etude!
Magic Flute!
A night in Venice!
The Queen of Spades!
Blue Rhapsody!
Lost paradise!
Adagio!

Ah, I felt being in paradise!
Among the angels!

The divine choir resounded!

And when the curtain fell
I suddenly found myself
Back on Earth.

Changed, reborn...
My motto 'to be, always to be'
Skyrocketed to new dimensions.







Still Life

What used to be
One day became hoar-frost
With star and fern-like ice crystals.

Earlier it was dew
Alike plenty pearl beads
On the neck of the spring maiden.

And before that
It were salty droplets
Crystalline in their purity.

Heard like a thunder of God's anger
In splash after their falling down
On a hard surface.

Yet it all started so innocently
Spotlessly clear sky
Of our affections!

Time has left its mark on me
What there used to be
Now became still life.

And the whole lot
Like a picture of Pablo Picasso!

One hung
On the wall of my memories.







Adagio Man

I am human, a reflection of the world
And of the universe far beyond.

Look into the depths of my mind
And you will discover fascinating worlds.

Nebulae, constellations of stars
In all their boundlessness.

Planets, many of them inhabited
By living beings.

For I am a human
In the image of the Lord!

Look into my mind
Become a traveller of my universe.

You can find yourself anytime
Wherever you want.

For there is no limitation
In the spirit of my universe.

The constellation of Centaur, Almanac
Lion and Virgin, Bird of Paradise, Golden Fish?
Ah, no problem!

Cassiopeia, Capricorn, Pegasus, Sagittarius
Free ticket everywhere
Passenger at once at the destination!

This is who I am
Human!

My motto
To be, only to be!

My motto
The lantern of freedom
That like the Lord's lantern!

My motto
The infinity symbol
For I am in the image of the Lord!

No glass traps scary me
Not absolutely any space mazes
All the more our earthly little things.

I am Magellan of the universe
The one of my mind
That shines within me
And never goes out
Like the Lord's lantern.

Universe that faithfully reflects
The one, there, in the stellar wilderness.

And how to portray its beauty, uniqueness
It's like a million of geniuses
Such as Leonardo da Vinci, Picasso...

Like a million of virtuosos
Such as Chopin, Mozart, Beethoven...

The universe!
The one of my mind!
And the one on the nightly sky’s scene
Just like the one seen from the eye of Hubble!

Here I am, a human
The cosmic being of the universe
Seemingly defenceless
And yet the Lord's might in my hand.

Hussars of pegasi me given
The Lord's space fleet.

To be, only to be!
To be, always to be!
This is my motto! By God!

For I trust the Lord
Glory be to you forever, my Lord!







To Be, Only To Be!

My thoughts shattered
On seaside rocks of reality.

Even my own spirit shattered
Emptiness in the richness of silvery worlds!

And yet I am, I don’t ever give up
Something else in me
Something beyond life and death
What like eternity ...

Is this my soul?
Lantern of my being?

To be or not to be
The eternal Hamlet dilemma
Of desperate man in search…

I rose above it
Alive or dead
Being though, enduring
Thanks to the power of my will.

To be, only to be!
To be, always to be! By God!

My thoughts shattered but not me
Even my own spirit shattered but not me.

I still am around
A man out of debris arisen.

I gathered my thoughts
I resurrected my spirit
And here I am, born again
Invincible!

For “to be, only to be” is my motto.

Ah Lord, I am in Your image
The lantern, Your lantern, my Lord
Of the light of eternity is burning in me!







Ah, Is The World Sinking?

Spring Sun like angel's diamonds
In streams of his life-giving rays
But in my heart uneasiness!

Starry keys of the celestial piano
And I feel like Chopin's piano
On the pavement!

And worse! Like a forgotten Jericho rose
Thrown into the vast deserts of life
By the winds of adversity ...

The sounds of the Lord's music, that like divine light
In His kingdom of eternity
Stunning!

And yet, in my life, a sudden, dark tunnel
Hellish one, as soon as its gate
Slammed shut!

Ah! After all, I am on Earth
Lord's beloved planet!

Why, then, anxiety
In my thoughts and heart?!

Ah, is the world sinking?
And nowhere to see Noah's Ark?

May the crown of light shroud me
May it free me from the hell’s claws
And unite me with the universe, Lord.

So I can feel fresh, reborn
And alike Orpheus become a songster
Of my own life, so help me, God, my Lord!

THADDEUS HUTYRA

THADDEUS HUTYRA (known also as Tadeusz Hutyra) was born in Poland where he attended schools and begun to study at the prestigious Jagiellonian University of Cracow. Shortly before the emergency state announced by the communist regime on 13th of December 1989 he left Poland in search of a better life abroad. Primarily he intended to emigrate to the United States of America, the goal he was never fortunate to fulfil. Instead he found himself in New Zealand where he lived 5 years and afterwards he had a brief period of travelling across some Asian and European countries, he lived for a while in China and Hong Kong before finally settling down in Belgium. He is active on Facebook and in other social media. He published a number of books both in English and Polish.


No comments :

Post a Comment