Friday, May 1, 2015

JUANITA GARCIA VERA



JUANITA GARCIA VERA

I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU


His usual snore, silent tonight
His chest moves
And heaves in quiet release
I lie quietly afraid to awaken him
Heading to the hallway
A night light shines brightly
Glaring my vision
While I instinctively move about
Knowing each corner, each bend
I check on my children
As they lay safely sleeping
The fan spins a breeze
Blowing their hair topsy-turvy
Tucking them in, I give them a kiss
The house is quiet, not one single sound
Wondering, if I am the only one moving about
Feeling restless this night
I return to the bedroom
Where he continues sleeping
Each night I make rounds
In this house that abounds
Hoping someday
They will know that it’s me
That flickering light,
That creak from the floor,
That opening door
That cold drafty place
It’s my loving embrace
It’s only a sign
I will always love you


© Juanita Garcia Vera.

No comments :

Post a Comment