Saturday, December 1, 2018

MILENA VUKOJE STAMENKOVIC


MILENA VUKOJE STAMENKOVIC

A WOMAN ON THE WALL

A step
A short walk
To eternity
A word
Than came out of your birth-skin
Faded from the drifts of the past
The hard time of every day
The sun…
But without any heat
Warm air
A sweet scent
From far away
A closed box
Peace
On these current meadows
It is narrow
And faceless
A woman
Just out
Of my head
Wants me
To pay her a visit
How can I ?
We are divided
By the arrow and the box
I put her back on the wall
My head is better
The woman on the wall
Just keeps watching me





MY CHILDERN

My children are
The three arms of my heart
Eyes of the world
Through witch I roam
The universe
Of my starting point
They`re all I have
My wrinkles disappear
Within their feet
Past years
Do not count
They are the joy of life
The future of eternity
The cosmos in my hands
They go and come back
They come and go
Bigger and more beautiful
Stars keep dancing
In their eyes
Without them everything
Would be simply worthless
And while I look at them
It is clear to me
For happiness – this is enough






FOR MY MOTHER

Although you are not here
Long
Far too long
In my thoughts
I keep walking
Along our paths
On my lips I feel
Coffees we had at the « Moscow“
The scent of Tasmajdan
On the Mt Avala- violets
We keep stopping
Quarding each other`s back
Holding each other
Smiling
Talking
Even when the lips are sealed
Bathed in tears and dreams
Breast- fed by you
I keep walking and making myself sleep
Leaning my head towards grass
I whisper
To this ant
The wizard
To find you
To producte you
To bring you back
For one day
For me
For me

MILENA VUKOJE STAMENKOVIC


MILENA VUKOJE STAMENKOVIC is a journalist, writer and translator. She was born in Serbia but she is living for more than 25 years in Switzerland. She writes poetry and stories. She is a member of the Serbian writer`s society (UKS) and the Swiss writer`s society (AdS). She lives and works in Bern.

No comments :

Post a Comment