Saturday, December 1, 2018

NITHYA MARIAM JOHN


NITHYA MARIAM JOHN

MEMORIES

One by one they left.
The last one lingered a bit.
Then slowly turned around to see
those colours of the past fade into
the background.
I stood still,
as I watched
the sunset
at the back of
the final memory
turn black and white.

What is left,
when the last bit of surprise too
walks out forever!






CHURCH DISCOVERY

As I sped my way to
the Cathedral,
the blooming scent
tickled my conscience.

I slowed down.

The waters shuffled a bit
as the cranes descended
and stood celebrating the Sabbath,
waiting for the Holy Communion.

I stepped into the waters,
disturbing a shoal of fish
in prayer.

My eyes scanned the holy waterscape
to  be cleansed by
red and white hues,
reminding me of the broken body
on the cross.

I closed my eyes,
and muttered
‘Our  Mother and Father, who Art in Heaven'.






REVOL (LOVER REVERSED)

There’s a bloody revolution
happening inside me.,
with a difference.-
the blood cannot be seen;

a bleeding heart stays veiled,
like a young bride,
on her way to the bridal chamber,-
anxious, excited, tumultuous,
eyes a bit wavery, watery,
footsteps unsure,
leaning on to dreams.

The naive blood of my heart will stain those
desires,
which on steady wings
will arise and call me ,
Blessed!

NITHYA MARIAM JOHN


No comments :

Post a Comment