Sunday, December 1, 2019

DEEPTI GUPTA



DEEPTI GUPTA

Past Is Never Dead

People often say
Past is a bygone thing
Past is dead, so bury it
Forget it…………...!!
While I feel, it is not so
The ‘moment’ is temporary,
But the memory is forever!
I’ve met so many people
I’ve been to so many places
And behold so many things
All endearing, beautiful & unforgettable
I got attached to them…...!
Their friendly warmth, sincerity & affection
Their tranquillity and beauty
Their elegance, loveliness & serenity
I was enamoured of them all…!
Though the people, places & things


are no more with me today
But I treasure the moments
I shared with them, I lived with them
Those moments beautiful, immortal
moments…………!!
With the wheel of time
I left them all behind
But, those eternal moments
associated with them
are still as alive as I am!!
The moments, how can they die
When, I, who has lived them
Am alive……!!
I fondly cherish their memory
even today……...!
whenever, I am deeply absorbed
in those past memories…….
I feel as if, I am living those


bygone days again………...!!
Even today, they are throbbing
And splendid, as they used to be!!
My sensitivity has imprinted,
on my heart ……
an indelible picture of the PAST…!!
So how can I say
The dead is my past……….!!!









Summer Of Childhood

           How I wish to relive
          my childhood days
           Could the rushing time
          rewind for once
           and take me to those
          olden ‘n golden days.
           Days, those days, full of
          cheers and chirps
           full of enthusiasm and life.
           Specially, long, quiet 
          summer noon’s.
           My brother, naughty ‘n restless
           insisting granny to tell
          a long fairy tales
           At times, playing
          Carrum and Bagatelle
           striking small glass balls
          into numbered holes
           with a cue, how I miss
          those cute, nonsense
          cheatings in those games,
          fighting and cursing 
          each other on childish things!
          Being competitive in winning 
          the favour of parents
          and grand parents
          Getting swelled modestly
          on a little praise
          and appreciation and 
          posing to be the 
            

          role model of the most
         obedient and humble child.
          Lying under the whirring fan
         listening and telling unending
         tales, jokes reciting jingles 
         and then waiting for
             the chilled fruits, dessert
         and ice creams to beat the heat 
         of scorching noon’s
         Mute, quiet and lazy
         summer days
         always came along with lots
         of warmth & wisdom which 
         I enjoyed and received 
         In the caring precious and
          loving company of
            my dear ones!










Inner Journey

Have you ever been on a journey with yourself?
If not, do it, and travel all the places inside you
Don’t leave any place, any space, unseen and untouched!!
You would love to stay at lovely places, but would try to
Escape from ugly places……!
If lovely spots inside you, make you swell,
the ugly spots would make you shrink!
But ugly spots, though ugly, have their own utility;
They don’t let you lose your balance & equilibrium,
Never forget, the same way, if good things have a positive side,
they have their negative side also………!!
They create an imbalance in you
they make you, arrogant and egoist….
They blow your senses………!!
While the ugly places, ugly points, your weaknesses


in you, keep you close to the ground,
Such an inner journey is essential for you
to revive your thoughtfulness, your wisdom,
your senses, your goodness…...!!
If the modest & humble human being,
Ever sleeps in you, do this journey………!!
It is no less than a pilgrimage
It takes away all the garbage of ego, conceit
cruelty, coldness and harshness…...!
It purifies you; it filters you
Makes you feel healthy!
Cleans your thinking, clears your vision…!
Softens your sharp edges.
Awakens your humbleness
And keeps the human being alive in you…!!


DEEPTI GUPTA




No comments :

Post a Comment