Tuesday, December 1, 2020

ALICIA MINJAREZ RAMÍREZ

 

ALICIA MINJAREZ RAMÍREZ

 

Nocturnal Sun

 

There, where the wind fades away

The sky waves its own branches

Retouching icy mornings

In the shades,

Blackbirds and pigeons flapping

And disturbing the sky.

I aimlessly wander through.

 

Every corner evokes

Spiral lines of perpetually

Ever written sonnets,

Unveiled brides

Blur the color lines

Upon vacant altars.

I become chrysalis

Under the chaos of progress.

I extend my hands

And find only emptiness.

 

Where do these streets lead me to?

 

I try to jump over my shadow,

Gradually move

From green to yellow…

Exorbitant looks

Lacking everything

And nothing at all.

In the swinging mist

Every step reflected upon

Its own reflection,

When the twilight expands

I force myself to take shortcuts

That lead me nowhere.

 

Broken hearts,

Moon’s usurped glow,

Yielding ghosts

To the impregnable shine

Of window cars.

Stillness moves,

Static seconds, silence declines,

I emigrate with no belongings;

Brittle and gloomy spectrum

De-kernelling good-byes.

 

My mind is on hold,

Stars cry about

Humidity’s shortage

And eclectic rains,

My voice drowns.

Blink away

The ethereal fire of my eyes.

I release myself from prejudice.

I release myself

From body and soul

As nocturnal sun

Amidst the desert.

© Alicia Minjarez Ramírez

 

TRANSLATED BY: ALARIC GUTIÉRREZ.

 

 

Blue Whispers

 

Freezing raindrops

Pour hasty voices

Over my body,

leaving behind

Fragmented unfinished moments,

In the dense night of my foliages.

 

Amber lights crystallize

Wet cobblestones.

Faint breeze throbs tactile words

In ragweed of your lips.

 

The wind impels

Among its branches

Lost – found longings

Inside the indigo ink of your gaze,

As silent opacity shimmer flashes

Delimit folds of the shining water

Running down my cheeks.

Should I hear the breeze pronounce your name?

 

Blue whispers articulate

Songs of the stones.

Pierced transparencies dissolve desires,

As melts the stone with the fire

And the sea on the horizon.

© ALICIA MINJAREZ RAMÍREZ

MEXICO.

 

 

Only Love Will Prevail

 

To my darling Monsif Beroual with love.

 

Only love will prevail

When there is nothing left,

When memory fades away

As scattered dust

On the wind.

 

Only my words will speak

Of this love

Leaving a footprint

In silence,

To posterity…

For other times.

When my simple name

Be erased over time

And the words remain

Over withered leaves.

 

Only my love for you will prevail

In your skin of verse,

In your skin of rhyme,

On your prose skin...

Beyond the eternity borders.

© ALICIA MINJAREZ RAMÍREZ

 

ALICIA

MINJAREZ RAMÍREZ

 

ALICIA MINJAREZ RAMÍREZ: Poetess, Translator, Singer, University Professor, Broadcast locution Radio and T.V. She is an internationally renowned Mexican poetess and author who has won numerous awards including: The Prize for cultural excellence 2020, awarded by the government of Peru. The Nobel Laureate Kobi Rabindranath Tagore Award, India 2019. The Excellence Prize in the World Poetry Championship Romania, 2019. Literary Prize of unpublished poetry "Tra le Parole e L'infinito", 20th edition, Italy, 2019.  Honorary Doctorate granted by International Forum of Creativity and Humanity I.F.C.H 2019, based in Morocco. Awarded with the EASAL medal by the European Academy of Sciences and Letters, Paris, France 2018. Awarded "Pride of the Globe" WNWU, Kazakhstan 2018. Honorable Mention in the category: Foreign Poetry, of the International Prize Poseidonia Paestrum, Edition XXIV, Italy 2018. Awarded "Universal Inspirational Poet", Pentasi B. World, India 2017; Winner of a special mention and a medal in the International Poetry Prize NOSSIDE Italy 2015, recognized by UNESCO.  Awarded with the IWA BOGDANI Albania Award, 2016. Awarded with a Third Place category French Poetry in the International Poetry Prize "Sous les traces de Léopold Sédar Senghor" at Milan, Italy, 2016 recognized by ONU and UNESCO.  Winner of a mention in the International NOSSIDE Poetry Prize, Italy 2016. Awarded "Universal Inspirational Poet" Pentasi B. World, Africa, Ghana 2016. Her poems have been translated in 20 languages and published in more than 200 anthologies, magazines and newspapers around the world. She speaks: French, English, Italian and Spanish.

. 

No comments :

Post a Comment