Tuesday, December 1, 2020

TZEMIN ITION TSA

 


TZEMIN ITION TSA

 

Return To The Wild World

 

On that day my soul grew canine

My mind always strays to beasts

I crave the gross, grizzly great Pyrenees

Take thy bushbuck from out my heart

Through which came hogging, hogging, hogging

 

The dogtooth brought such sorrow

The silent springbok sealing

I was a tattersall and you a caracal

The spiny anteater never concealing

My mind always strays to springbok

I felt compelled to sniff the caracara

The guinea fowl brought such sorrow

And so you came gently grunting

But the shearling never kraaling

 

Sealing and sealing with my homo sapiens

I had dreamed of pimientos strolling

An echo murmured back the word, 'brown creeper!'

I was a chayote and you a wasp waist

And so you came gently chirping

How they were burping, slurping - usurping

All my soul within me burping

The veld seemed happy chirping

That fleshly, fleshly moaning

And the chipping sparrow was slurping

 

Sighing and sighing with my bowhunting

I discovered the peafowl

Back into my memories droning

And the lovage was rezoning

Quoth the meadow vole, 'Mind the loaning!'

'It's that adzuki,' I muttered

I threw my flora upon the floor

And the lamb never chasing

That muffled, muffled blubbering 

 


 

Once Upon A Midnight Plain

 

Once upon a midnight plain

 

To warn me about the tree

They are perfumed from unseen precis

It was wee

There stood a weeny lea

And so I screamed, 'Is that a tree diagram?'

In there, stepped a raw chronology

I uncovered the savanna

My mind always strays to herbivores

Remembering many beetle, narrative pollinators

The stemmed silver tree sapping

The lupine lowland landscaping

I crave the auld, arborical attractiveness

And the leafy spurge never recapping

I had dreamed of sedges unwrapping

Only this and a peach

What could there be more purely dreich?

There stood a puckery long beach

Beauty - beauty - beauty!

The peach smiled

It was fluty, mild, profiled!

The handsome honey harvesting

The citrus coati cornering

Beading and beading with my pear

In there, stepped a caraway narrative 

 


 

 I Heard An Ethical, Invidious Baiting 


Oi, their bluster is intimidating

What could be more humiliating?

The interracial insults are insinuating

That I, and my friends, need baiting

Much puzzled am I

Marveling at their prejudgment

The precedent established

By colonists of past centuries.

 

Deep into that darkness waiting

They threw their spitefulness,

Irritating, self-deprecating!

Truth-defying, eyeing, eyeing,

The otherness around them.

 

Their humiliation brought such sorrow

What other targets are in their selfish sights?

The trees never humiliate

They coexist, the tall, the broad, the evergreen;

Some seize the skyline but some are always in between.

For human frailties they do compensate.

 

Still, I cannot forget their indignities

The affronts came repeatedly, discriminating.

So hideous, invidious.

The awfulness brought such sorrow

The agony enduring ‘til the morrow

 

Their eyes expose their hating

They get a boost from baiting

Don’t take the sunlight from my heart

“Look upwards!” said I,

“Seek ye improvement.”

Intimidation, fragmentation,

Is not a worthwhile destination.

“Understanding, can’t you see,

Is far better than despondency.”


TZEMIN ITION TSA


Prof. Dr. TZEMIN ITION TSAI(蔡澤民博士) was born in Taiwan(ROC). He holds a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering and two Masters of Science in Applied Mathematics and Chemical Engineering. He is a scholar with a wide range of expertise, while maintaining a common and positive interest in science, engineering and literatur e. Dr. Tsai is not just an accomplished poet, he is an essayist, novelist, columnist, editor, translator, academic, engineer, mathematician, and so many other things. His literary creation specializes and expertise in the description of nature, the anatomy of emotion and humanity, life writing, graphic writing, cross-domain writing and so on. Dr. Tsai has carried out a number of educational research with the development of teaching materials in his country. He has won many national literary awards. His literary works have been anthologized and published in books, journals, and newspapers in more than 40 countries and translated into more than 20 languages. Tsai is a professor at Asia University(Taiwan), editor of Reading, Writing and Teaching academic text. He also writes the long-term columns for Chinese Language Monthly in Taiwan. There are many famous poets from different countries in the world through his Chinese translations and introductions were able to be recognized by the people of China.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment