Sunday, March 1, 2020

ALICIA MINJAREZ RAMÍREZ



ALICIA MINJAREZ RAMÍREZ

Nocturnal Sun

There, where the wind fades away
the sky waves its own branches
retouching icy mornings
in the shades,
blackbirds and pigeons flapping
and disturbing the sky.
I aimlessly wander through.

Every corner evokes
spiral lines of perpetually
ever written sonnets,
unveiled brides
blur the color lines
upon vacant altars.
I become chrysalis
under the chaos of progress.
I extend my hands
and find only emptiness.

Where do these streets lead me to?

I try to jump over my shadow,
gradually move
from green to yellow…
Exorbitant looks
lacking everything
and nothing at all.
In the swinging mist
every step reflected upon
its own reflection,
when the twilight expands
I force myself to take shortcuts
that lead me nowhere.

Broken hearts,
moon’s usurped glow,
yielding ghosts
to the impregnable shine
of window cars.
Stillness moves,
static seconds,
silence declines,
I emigrate with no belongings;
brittle and gloomy spectrum
de-kernelling good-byes.

My mind is on hold,
stars cry about
humidity’s shortage
and eclectic rains,
my voice drowns.
Blink away
the ethereal fire of my eyes.
I release myself from prejudice.
I release myself
from body and soul
as nocturnal sun
amidst the desert.
© Alicia Minjarez Ramírez

TRANSLATED BY: ALARIC GUTIÉRREZ.






Breath Of Light
To my beloved angel

Mute allegory of clouds
Feeling my cedars’ roots,
Designing the path;
Song of blackbirds and orioles,
Stunned chimera permuting
Fertile figs and pomegranates.

Musical waterfalls
Permeate thick
Alders and chestnuts,
Ethereal decline;
Antioch’s legacy
Rinses and distorts
Coasts, olives and vines
Over the Patara’s coastline.

Emir necromancer
Descends from
Bare meadows
Revealing seeds
To quench the moon
In the subtle geography
Of my own shadows.

Your eyes light up
The awoken clay
Of jade and honeysuckle,
Moistening poems
To clear the air
Of the past hours.

Imprecise and concrete trail
Upon the wind of days
That intertwines our dawn.
A brief breath of your light is enough
In the abyss of my night.
© Alicia Minjarez Ramírez

TRANSLATED BY: ALARIC GUTIÉRREZ.







Mundane

Among sweet and bleak
A perfect intersection;
Between desire and darkness.
Between magic and the divine
Spiritual mundane I am.

Uncertain contrasts
Break blueprints
In the desert,
Replacing emotions
At every corner.
Dresses up with dreams,
Carrying nothing more.

A single name directs my life,
Dancing naked in the dark;
Amongst alchemy and agony.
Mundane I am in your own reality.
© Alicia Minjarez Ramírez

TRANSLATED BY: ALARIC GUTIÉRREZ


ALICIA MINJAREZ RAMÍREZ

ALICIA MINJAREZ RAMÍREZ: Poetess, Translator, Singer, University Professor,  Broadcast locution Radio and T.V. She is an internationally renowned Mexican poetess and author who has won numerous awards including: The Nobel Laureate Kobi Rabindranath Tagore Award, India 2019. The Excellence Prize in the World Poetry Championship Romania, 2019. Literary Prize of unpublished poetry "Tra le Parole e L'infinito", 20th edition, Italy, 2019.  Honorary Doctorate granted by International Forum of Creativity and Humanity I.F.C.H 2019, based in Morocco. Awarded with the EASAL medal by the European Academy of Sciences and Letters, Paris, France 2018. Awarded "Pride of the Globe" WNWU, Kazakhstan 2018. Honorable Mention in the category: Foreign Poetry, of the International Prize Poseidonia Paestrum, Edition XXIV, Italy 2018. Awarded "Universal Inspirational Poet", Pentasi B. World, India 2017; Winner of a special mention and a medal in the International Poetry Prize NOSSIDE Italy 2015, recognized by UNESCO.  Awarded with the IWA BOGDANI Albania Award, 2016. Awarded with a Third Place category French Poetry in the International Poetry Prize "Sous les traces de Léopold Sédar Senghor" at Milan, Italy, 2016 recognized by ONU and UNESCO.  Winner of a mention in the International NOSSIDE Poetry Prize, Italy 2016. Awarded "Universal Inspirational Poet" Pentasi B. World, Africa, Ghana 2016. Her poems have been translated in 20 languages and published in more than 160 anthologies, magazines and newspapers around the world. She speaks: French, English, Italian and Spanish.

No comments :

Post a Comment