Tuesday, September 1, 2015

BOB STRUM


BOB STRUM


I WAIT FOR ANGELS TO ARRIVE

I wait for angels to arrive.
I keep looking through the window.
Outside, the lights are fading fast.
My mind is focused on the past.
No future seeds for me to sow.
I may be destined to survive.
I don’t know my destination.
I sit in anticipation.
I am not beset by worry.
I don’t experience much regret.
I look back at past endeavours.
Some disasters many treasures.
A life of joy I won’t forget.
No desire to feel sorry.
The time will come when I must rest.
When I look back, I have been blessed.
I don’t know when they are coming,
Tomorrow or a hundred years.
I have been very well prepared.
So much happiness I have shared.
I am at peace, devoid of fears.
Listening for flutes and drumming.
Some things I might have rearranged.
Most things would have remained unchanged.

Bob Strum

No comments :

Post a Comment