Tuesday, September 1, 2015

JUANITA GARCIA VERA


JUANITA
GARCIA VERA

I COULD NOT SEE

My eyes are open
Yet, I cannot see
I am afraid
Of things unseen
Within my heart
I see things clearly
While in my mind
I have some fears
HE beckons me
To roads unknown
Although ahead
The darkness grows
I have to wonder
How can it be?
Along the path
No soul I see …
The evening shadows
Keep solemn company
I walk alone
No one but me
Then all at once
I feel HIS presence
I feel HIS love
So close to me
HE reads
My thoughts
And calms my fears
HE softly speaks
Don’t be afraid
I am still here
Like a small lamb
In hands so gentle
My soul to HIM
I give so free
Although my eyes
Were clearly open
Within this life
I could not see
A Father’s love
Forever growing
With tenderness
And words unspoken
HIS gentle hand
I felt so often
Within my heart
Comforting me
In times of trial
And celebration
Here by my side
HE stood by me

© Juanita Garcia Vera

No comments :

Post a Comment