Sunday, May 1, 2016

DEBBIE EMBREY


DEBBIE EMBREY

"TRUTH IN A BOTTLE"

I was walking along the ocean's shore
When my wandering eyes saw a man,
He was walking rather slowly
And it was too late for him to get a tan.

The expression on his face of concern
Made me wonder of his troubling brews,
So I made myself toward him
And respectfully paid my 'hello dues.'

He raised his for a few seconds only
But no response from his lips came,
I introduced myself to this man
And I in turn had hoped to hear his name.

He just looked down and around
Out at the beauty of the ocean's blue,
I noticed a bottle in the ocean
I asked, ''May I go get that for you?"

I sensed then that he could not swim
Or perhaps fear of water-that's bad,
I swam out to reach the bottle
And brought it back to the old cad.
He raised his eyebrows in question
I was actually reading his face,
I opened the bottle next
And he humbled himself in grace.

He pointed at the paper without looking
Should I or should I not be mad?
I opened it and read the letter
Only to find out he was my Dad.

I looked up to speak to the strange man
That had walked along the shore,
Suddenly he just disappeared
I never saw anything like it before.

I looked everywhere along that beach
I searched it far and searched wide,
But I at least found truth in a bottle
And that meant so much to me inside.

Written on April 17th, 1915....one year ago today in memory of my Dad.

DEBBIE EMBREY






TRUCKER'S CALL THRU THE SKYLINE

Breaker; Breaker! 1-9, anyone listening?
A trucker was leaning half off edge of the highway,
Breaker 1-9; Breaker 1-9 he shouted again
I need to get across the line thru the skyway.

No one was coming back and it was cold
The heat of the radiator was fading pretty fast,
He keyed the mike and just held it a moment
I need Someone to hear me~ at least while I last.

He let off the mike again and still nothing
Dishearted and afraid, a blizzard for miles ~unplanned,
There was very little light left during the day
And all that trucker had was himself and the radio band.

In a lower voice he spoke again, praying
Breaker 1-9, I've got a little story for ya fellers there,
I've been through a lot of hardships in my lifetime
Shot at, slapped, stabbed, and still lived and didn't care.

Once I was hit in the head with a clay pipe
That was about just about eight inches or so around,
I laid the slick out all nightlong and ouchhh!
What a headache the next morning, but I got up off that ground!

I've been through a lot of crap that made me nuts
Drove me to points in my life I could care less anymore,
I tried my best to take away my life and ouchhhh!
Well, that didn't work... they called me ''hard to the core.''

I don't even know if anyone can even hear me
Nobody was listening when I said my truck broke down,
Besides who wants to hear an honery sucker that's silly
With unfilled dreams who all his life acted like some clown?

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!! Boy, it's gettin' cold out here ... feelin'
..... well, like a freezer done froze me right to da bone!
But I guess that's the way it was meant to be, huh?
Some guys just meant to be with families,.. others die alone.

His voice cracked here and there and he sneezed
Coughing, almost choking once as he gasped for air,
Then he continued, Well, Boy, if that don't beat all
Some things in life .... well, hell! Life's just not fair!''

In the distance a light blaring in the midst of the snows
By that time it was already in the morning about three,
The mike fell to the floor by the trucker's dying side
But there were other truckers coming to set him free.

A trucker's call thru the skyline hadn't been wasted
The good Lord hears prayers for they come from the heart,
By the time the first one arrived, the driver was frozen
And the engine was ruined~ and the rig wouldn't start.

It took about two hours after CB'ers did their things
Making calls, getting 9-1-1 on the ball to the site,
But that trucker was rescued in plenty of time
Glory given to God, he made it through the night!

DEBBIE EMBREY







STUBBORN

stubborn, hard-headed
call me what you will
I say what I mean
and I mean what I say
thus, I say 'big deal'

headstrong, pig-headed
only names you see
I am who I am
and that's all that I am
thus, I am just me

accept the package
that you see in view
it's signed and sealed
and finalized
will you still say I do?

DEBBIE EMBREY

16 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. I enjoy writing in a variety of genre. I'm honored that you like this. :)

      Delete
  2. what wonderful wonderful poetry. so refreshing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm honored that you feel that way. Hugzzz!!

      Delete
  3. si so pretty to read

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, Deborah! I'm honored, and I hope you continue to read my poetry. 😘

      Delete
  5. When I first Read Debbie Embrey, I couldn't wait to read more. Her works will leave you breathless. Her Poe-ish poems will bring back the writer to life before your very eyes in every verse she composes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Susan, for your support and kind words! I'm honored. �� ��

      Delete
  6. An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto
    a friend who has been conducting a little homework on this.
    And he actually bought me lunch because I found it
    for him... lol. So allow me to reword this.... Thanks for the meal!!
    But yeah, thanks for spending time to talk about this topic here on your web
    page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much, Deborah! I'm truly grateful for your kindness, support and for all you do. Blessings! �� ��

    ReplyDelete