Sunday, May 1, 2016

ZANNETA KALYVA PAPAIOANNOU


ZANNETA KALYVA PAPAIOANNOU

LOVE OR FRIENDSHIP?

I’m surprised and I wonder because I don’t know
if this is love that I suffer
or a friendship boundless, platonic, great
that I haven’t felt for another woman ever.

It is true, I see, this is superb, ethereal,
true and perfect what I feel inside me.
I can’t take a step without you
and when I miss you for a moment, I lose my mind.

You have grown into a habit and you know this,
you are a strong flame that as far as it goes makes a fire, so if you want, make a choice without doubt
either a platonic love or an intimate friendship.







A  LONG  TIME  PASSED

A long time passed
and you came suddenly in the cold
to warm up my heart.
A long time passed
and my heart gave  a leap
just like  the past.
A long time passed,
you touched me tenderly
with your caress
like a spring of cool water in the dark.







I FORGET YOU NOT

I met you
in the morning dew May.
I moved near you to taste
the sweetness of your soul.
I touched you
with shaky hands and lips.
I talked to you  sweetly to bring you
as soon as possible close to me.
I caressed you tenderly
like a mother her baby.
I loved you
for your wonderful figure.
I felt pain for you
from the bottom of my heart.
I looked for you
but you were not there
where you were walking in the past.
I said good-bye to you
with pain and moaning,
I forget you not.






A LITTLE MORE, MY GREECE

…A little more, my Greece,
to see the almond trees bloom,
cyclamens to grow,
anemones to pop up in the forests
and thyme to come alive and fragrant.

.. A little more, my Greece,
and the sun will warm our soul,
our body, our existence
to feel the coming of spring
of warmth, of enjoyment, but also the rebirth.

… A little more, my Greece,
for trees to become iridescent in the mountains,
birds to sing, sea gulls to follow again
the ship’s line loyally.

… A little more, my Greece,
and the sea will calm waving
among the Aegean and Ionian islands
and you will dream and believe
that it is time for justice.

… A little more, my Greece,
to embroider the canvas of our lives
with solidarity, respect for our fellow man,
joy, happiness, create, friendship
and above all, hope, faith and Love.

… Then,
the sun will light new horizons,
the sound of the bell will sound resurrection,
blooming heaths, myrtles and arbutus
will smell sweet and will be fragrant our lives.

ZANNETA KALYVA – PAPAIOANNOU
Greece




1 comment :

  1. VERY NICE POEMS. MY CONGRATULATIONS TO Dr. ZANNETA KALYVA-PAPAOANNOU.
    ZACHAROULA GAITANAKI, Greece

    ReplyDelete