Monday, May 1, 2017

RAVINDRAN MANGHAT

RAVINDRAN MANGHAT

UNDER AN OVERHANGING MOON

Like some
midnight madness,
she's here,
alone,
a fulsome lime on black!

This trembling hour,
her footsteps find a street
where every passer-by
is a flickering fireball.

She carries them -
snippets of blue and white
and pink and orange -
on her imperfect shoulders,
an overhanging lullaby.

And she roams
the dingy lanes,
a pretty woman
with no imagination!
breaching horizons
in Nike running shoes
atop a fickle and flunky world.
…until troops of raw light
invades the East!

Beauty never flounders -
so vulnerable,
yet so intense.

When all wars are done,
when all windows
are sealed shut,
she remains
an ethereal Spirit,
quaintly exploring
the night's sublime
infinitude of hope.
RAVINDRAN MANGHAT






ENIGMA OF A DYING SUNSET

I say "Yes" to the nimbus clouds
atop the bottled skyscraper,
a trillion bubbles on fortune hunt
to nowhere.

I turn these colossal puffs
inside out,
examine the miracle architecture
that holds them in mid-air.

Here, I set the rules:
I dream them, I shape them,
I fall by them.

Each one makes his own totems
on the brink.

As I turned, from out of the blue
she emerged -
a symphony of a girl
in somewhat tattered rags.

She begged in a quivering voice,
"Will you bury me, Sir?"

I pressed my 'Pause' button;
and pressed it again.
"No" I said, "You're not dead yet.
Come when you are!"

The next moment,
from those dizzying heights
she leapt
………………
………………
………………
in slow motion,
in a diaspora of sounds,
as blood splattered all over
the smashed world.

Again she pleaded,
"Will you come now, Sir
before the night sets in?"

I was in panic mode
like a system shutdown.
Gathering my techno gadgets,
I zoomed in on her
as fast as I could.

She was just a glimpse then -
my fluorescent Sunset -
dying in all her crimson glory,
as she sank helplessly
into the arms
of those nomadic shadows.
RAVINDRAN MANGHAT






I AM SOMEONE…

I'm someone
colourless, shapeless

Searching for a thing
I'm still guessing

Racing like a rocket
at speeds I haven't checked

To satisfy a world
not yet discovered

But once I'm done
I'm the king,  and I'm the king!


RAVINDRAN MANGHAT


RAVINDRAN MANGHAT: He is basically a Chartered Accountant by profession, but finds comfort in the in the green fields of poetry. Once he finished his education in Kerala, India, he flew to the desert island of Bahrain (not so green!) and worked as Internal Auditor / Financial Controller / Group Finance Manager etc. His poems have been published in various anthologies in India.

No comments :

Post a Comment