Friday, November 1, 2019

LEYLA IŞIK



LEYLA IŞIK

Now I'm There
And Where Are You?

Now I'm there,
In a sea town.
My feelings are free
Like seagulls flapping.
In a different way the sea is hugging
The coasts that remained alone.
I'm saving from the bubbles on the waves
I'm saving
Your name written in the sand.
Now I'm there,
And you
And where are you, really?

The day is keeping it's hands off.
The mountains are leaning over the sea.
The oleanders have wrapped themselves up in
Whites and pinks.
The nights of the sea town are waiting
With open arms to receive us.
Now I'm there,
In a sea town.
On my lips the wetness
Of your insatiable kisses.
Time is becoming immortal
At the peaks of making loves.
My longing for you that burns me is ever-growing inside me.
Now I'm there, in a sea town.
And you... and where are you, really?






Who Knows?

With my brush-long smile, I'm in the murky colors of the rooms without you. The time that distils my loneliness is on the pen point every night. It draws roads, and cross trains with no passengers over them. My eyes of rain choose some from the worn-out photo frames of the old days, and look at the foiled surface of the mirror. Who knows how many hearts are buried alone in unmarked graves, the only shelter for those who are living dead. Who knows?







Whenever I Get Lost In The Moments With You. . .

Whenever I get lost in the moments with you. . .
The sky darkens, and the clouds get flurried
And unload their burdens of rain.
In the sea of being without you I burry myself in the deep waters
Whenever I get lost in the moments with you…
One side of me becomes you, and Ihave no other side.
My legends remain in a love story among the boks
Whose pages have been worn out.

Whenever I get lost in the moments with you…
I lower my head, and my shoulders collapse.
I fall apart Total.
And I become a bird circling in despair
Without branches and a nest to settle on.

Whenever I get lost in the moments with you…
I complete whatever is half-finished,
And set all times up for us,
And then mix with the beats of your heart
Inseparably, like clock hands.


20th May, 2012, İzmir, 01.00 a.m., the hour when you are absent

TRANSLATED BY BAKI YİĞİT

LEYLA IŞIK

LEYLA IŞIK: Educator-Poet-Writer-Artist. She completed the primary and secondary education in İzmir. She studied at the Teacher Training College in Usak. She graduated from the Faculty of Education of Eskişehir Anadolu University and retired from the primary school teacher. Leyla Işık, the Vice President of KIBATEK and International Organization and Project Coordinator, organized the 31st KIBATEK International Literary Festival in Istanbul / Tuzla in 2003, 34 th KIBATEK International Literary Festival in 2004 and39th KIBATEK International Literary Festival in 2016 together with the Pablo Neruda Cultural Association in Taranto and in Ortahisar (KAPADOKYA) 42nd International Literature Festival in Turkey. Leyla IŞIK has many valuable awards in her literature life.

No comments :

Post a Comment