Friday, November 1, 2019

NEETU VAID SHARMA



NEETU
VAID SHARMA

Independence 2019

After deliberate deep slumber
Yes, she opened her original mind-book
Crushed desires cropped up all over
A new life sunshine calling
Beautiful visions glancing at her
With graceful gait, she stepped out
To breathe freshly flowing fragrance
With fair hands she cornered
All the litter lazily loitering around
Space so serene spread everywhere
Mindfully she put on her iron confidence cloak
Tossing trucks of trash in world’s giant gorge
She eyed her new self in the mirror
Heartily she murmured,” Delighted to date you!
Wish you real Independence!”








The Pregnant Pigeon

Quietly sitting, may be resting
A grey skinned pigeon I saw
Its beautiful red eyes shining
Little fatter in size than usual ones
The more I approached near
The less frightful I found it
This aspect made me intensely
Inquisitive about this pot-bellied pigeon
Birds never befool themselves
As they behold brainy beings
They flutter and fly in no time
Fancy they never to fall a prey
My mind thoughtful, but heart melting
At the sight of this sweet bird
I could not wish to shoo
Nor could do anything to harm
Then I stopped a stranger urchin
Urged him to carry the bird away
Carefully without being cruel
And then silently did I observe
Burdened belly of the bird
Was containing a bird child
Unable to move, walk and fly
For it was a pregnant pigeon
The small boy in ordinary shorts
Took the bird in his hands
Happy he was to hold it
And soon disappeared on to his shanty way
I love birds and their kind
But pets I never kept
My memory got an invisible pet
That poignantly flashes time and again








A Known Secret

 Listen, O strange Confidant!
Revealed suspense I am, you know me in and out
Yet I am clearly misunderstood
I admit to be arrogantly humble
It is not healthy to be awfully good
It is rather alarming to be unapologetically self-willed
But the nearer I reach my endless end
The clearer image of a self-rock I meet in me

The world around spreads sweet sorrows
We all alone together receive dark lights
Still pose, pretend and act natural
How fake originals we all are
But a common exception am I, a known secret
A troubled paradise dwelling on incredible Earth

I am fastened mercury, every pore chained
I am fully empty, every sigh filled!
I am icy hot, every cell simmering!
I am eloquent silence, every inch thundering!

NEETU VAID SHARMA



No comments :

Post a Comment