Friday, November 1, 2019

POORNA BANERJEE



POORNA
BANERJEE

Smokes And Mirrors

I’ve got two joints in my purse
One I leave for you and the memories
Of your dying love
That echo mine. We both sit in silence
Beside the brook that babbles on
As time passes us by
The shadow of the mountains
The dark dreams that close in on us

The other joint we light together in our now-comfortable grief
That we both accept
Our fate sealed in the stars that twinkle and mock us
Our emotional poverty.

You look away, to a dream you don’t seem to care about but want
The existence of your choice far from the life of our own desires
I take the final puff and crush the light
With sudden, futile rage
That the mountains echo, and then, fade into darkness

It burns, it stings, it rages inside, but I am cold,
Cold as the mountain frost that sets slowly
As summer ends in the wastelands of Tundra
Stealthily, I give into my fate, fall back, and let you rise.








Unbroken

There’s a line
Between you and I.
A line we both
Decided not to
Cross. We sat on
Our sides, looked
At the line, and
Then at us.

There’s a line that
Runs deep. It's thin
But it’s deep,
And that makes
All the difference.

You told me to stay
Behind the line, but
Now you want to
Draw over it. I
Would have, if I could,
But now the
Line is my life,
Defined.

So let me stand
Behind my line, and
You can quietly go back
Behind yours.







A Letter To The Lover
Of My Love

First of all,
I must beg you to
Love him.

For he deserves to be loved.

Well
I hope you do love him
Like you love you.
No, perhaps more,
If you don't love yourself enough.

Love him like the way he wants you to,
Love him like the way he needs
Love him.

Because
It is important for you
You darling thing
To give yourself to his love

For
Somewhere in my love
I must have missed a part
Or a portion
Which remains to be filled.

A little bit
That leaves the picture
Incomplete.

And I urge you to
Finish it. Add the last dot.

Lover of my love
Love him like I did not.

POORNA BANERJEE

POORNA BANERJEE: Poorna Banerjee writes about the food she eats, places she travels to, and products she likes on her blog PresentedbyP, that she started in 2009. Her award-winning blog has been featured on popular portals. She has written for several portals including ScoopWhoop and DailyO, appeared a panelist for Kolkata Literary Meet, and has collaborated with over 100 brands globally through her blog and social media channels. Poetry was always a part of her life, and she has recently started experimenting with it.

No comments :

Post a Comment