Friday, November 1, 2019

JOANNA SVENSSON



JOANNA SVENSSON

I Will Marry You

I will marry you
In all of my future lives
For you have lit the stars
On my dusky path of life
A path full of stones
Which I used to stumble and fall upon
My eyes could see nothing
For the straight jacket of darkness
Made me blind
Blind and unseeing
Unseeing what was good
In the one that had hurt me
So many times
Because of no reason
Just because – just because
I have asked myself
So many times – so many times
Why?
Although I knew
I would never get no answer
But then you
Came into my life
Like a burning torch
With warmth and love
And kind words of comfort




And I will never
Ever forget
When I first saw
The stars of hope
Light up
I saw them
In your eyes
Suddenly my road of life
Became lighter – lighter
Easier to bare
Suddenly I felt love
Love in full bloom
All around me
Everywhere
Your power of love
Your strength
Reflected in me
Comfort and security
And now I know
No matter how
The day our bodies
And our souls
No longer dwell
Upon this solid earth
I will marry you
In all my future lives
For you have
For ever more
Lit the stars for me!






The Power Of Mind

Between heaven and earth
Somewhere in the universe
Words are floating
Waiting to be born
Waiting to be real
Words that will describe
What does not yet exist
They are weightless yet
But they will be born
With the power of mind
In the almighty universe
And you may be surprised
That everything is possible
If you just dare to look
Beyond borders of boundary
The words that want to join
But does not yet really dare
To enter the dark cloak of rules
Rules made by mankind itself
Because how shall they be written?
How should they be used?
How would you spell them?
And what would they really mean?
Some words are just lovely
Big and strong and filled with endless beauty
Some words are just shy and feeble
They carefully peer from behind the clouds


The words that come
Will always wants
To speak their minds
Occasionally
They want to come out
They want to get in
They want to reform
They want to provoke
To challenge and enrich
To expand and beautify
All tongues of the world
Each language on earth
To make up rules for them
Is actually
Quite presumptuous – but still
The ones who do it
Use words
That already exist
They claim to be educated
They say that they are wise
They pretend to be well red – Oh, well!
But truly – they just borrowed
From the language of the universe
Between heaven and earth
Somewhere in the universe
Words are floating
Waiting to be born
The power of mind
Gives them air to breathe and spirit to live
And sounds of the universe are softly whispered
To the new dawning light
Of a new dawning day!





Where Poetry Is Born

I see before me
Gardens suspended
Pendulous
between heaven and earth
Gardens floating
Filled with blooming unborn thoughts
Filled with blooming unborn words
Filled with blooming unborn colours
Slowly ripen
Slowly materializing
Through different kinds of colours
Through different kinds of feelings
Some of them will be beautiful and sensible
Some will touch your heart and your soul
Some will get sad and sorrowful
Because they haven’t yet ripened
Some have already frozen – in their own sorrows
Every thought hustles and bustles
Everyone wants to be there
But it’s the poet who decides
Which words and what thoughts
Should be chosen
To reflect the poem
If you want to be loved
And to feel real love
You have to sow
With small seeds
With the words of love
In the pendulous gardens
Floating between heaven and earth
But if you only look back
And do not look forward
Not even over the edge of what’s real
Then the poem gets dark
The poem gets heavy
The poem gets sad
And it pulls you down
Instead of lifting you up
And then you fail to see
The meaning of each life
So, if anyone but me
Sees the pendulous gardens
Please – with the power of thoughts
And with encouraging words
Let the pendulous gardens
between heaven and earth
Be filled with unborn thoughts
Filled with unborn words
And filled with unborn poems
That slowly materializes
Through beautiful colours
And wonderful wonderful feelings!





To Greata Thunberg

Greta – you are like a
new-born star of hope
Born in the bitter dark reality
A reality that is about to turn pale
A reality that is about to vanish
You with your warm feelings
and your solicitude of our planet
You dare to protest
and fight with strong words
against powerful men
You refuse to accept
That the trees are singing
Their swansong
You refuse to accept
That the winds are dancing
Their dance of death
You have seen
That heaven is crying
And sheds its tears of pity
Over our existence
You, Greta, are like a new-born star
of hope!





When Nightshape Slowly Falls

When twilight slowly comes
And doors of magic open up
My heart gets filled with
Enchanting comfort
That tonight
Something special
Is about
To happen
The garden already whispers
Rumours of what’s going to be
The full moon enlightens my thoughts
With its golden
Magic force
Then suddenly
I feel the instant presence
Of a parallel world of the past
I feel strongly
The nearness of the master
He who so skilfully painted
The puppy field behind our house
The master who I met
In our garden – on our meadow
So many times – so many times
And he knows my admiration
For his great work of art
He knows I adore his magic


That’s why he comes
When summers moon is full
And its light flows golden yellow
With all its might
With all its might
That’s why he visits me
And together
We share a glass of wine
The door of magic
Is always open
When the full moon shines in
When the night shape’s slowly falling
And doors of magic open up
that’s when everything
Once more can happen
Over and over
Again and again!

JOANNA SVENSSON

JOANNA SVENSSON. She is a Swedish poet, writer and novelist and has been writing and publishing her works ever since her early teens. As a poet she has at present five published books of poetry. Two published in the USA in 2019. Two fiction novels as a writer and a third with five short stories is well on its way. She has participated in several anthologies over the years and 2019 she has been awarded 1st prize at the Bucharest. International festival of literature for her novel “Tajemnica Medalionu” which is being translated into English at the moment. She is also very active in both Swedish and Polish literary society and she participates in several international prose- and poetry festivals around the world.

No comments :

Post a Comment