Thursday, March 1, 2018

BLANCA ALICIA GARZA



BLANCA ALICIA GARZA

LOST CHILD

Where will children play?
All this technology
we have placed in their hands,
No more rainbows or
smiley face drawing's,
their little fingers
upon marshmallow
clouds. They used to play
in dirt with marbles but
that's history. The
parents both work to give
them food for their stomachs
and a roof to keep their heads
dry but who helps their minds
grow? They are now watched
over by nice shiny flat screens.
A parent's love and kisses become
hugs from the TV or computer
Teddy bears, dolls and
little racing cars forgotten
in a dusty corner of their closets.







CRIMSON FAITH

Losing my faith
In all of humanity
Shedding of blood
Sowing of hatred
between races
Creating barriers
instead of bonds
for a better world
Things are valued
People devalued
Our blood is all
crimson in color
our beautiful skin
of many shades
We need to spread
seeds of kindness
not more of hate.
Joining forces,
building bridges
instead of walls
We are together
in this world
We are destroying it
by beliefs and hatred
Enough fallen Angel's
without any fault
Stop the hate and
spread peace and love.







HOLDING ON

I've been lost in my own darkness,
I've touched the deepest abyss...
feeling like I'm drowning in my own tears.
My heart was in darkness,
like a caterpillar in its cocoon...
searching for a little bit of light to escape,
and I've found it now...
I'll hold onto this rope stronger and tighter,
no matter if my hands bleed.
I will not fall again.
My broken wings have healed,
the sun now caresses my being,
my time in the darkness it's over...
it's time to soar higher than ever before.

BLANCA ALICIA GARZA

BLANCA ALICIA GARZA is a Poet from Las Vegas, Nevada. She is a nature and animal lover, and enjoys spending time writing. Her poems are published in the Poetry Anthologies, "Moonlight Dreamers of Yellow Haze", and "Dandelions in a Vase of Roses" now available at Amazon.com. Blanca's work can be found in The Poet Community, Whispers, The Winamop Journal, Indiana Voice Journal, Tuck Magazine, Raven's Cage Ezine, Scarlet Leaf Review as well as Birdsong Anthology 2016, Vol 1. Blanca was recently nominated for The Best of the Net 2017.

1 comment :

  1. Your poem affected life?! Yes, you can share your lovely poem and its great "after story" with the world... Submit now on LifePoemsProject.com

    ReplyDelete