Thursday, March 1, 2018

SUMANA BHATTACHARJEE



SUMANA BHATTACHARJEE

I'M LOST

O my distrait mind, dissonant thought ,
Now I'm little away from you
Forgive me my kindest God.

I don't know where my mind
Have lost.

Years passed by autumns gone
Answer me my beloved
Where have you gone?

Among so many countless face
Only your presence seems
Full of grace!

I never can forget that gaze
My lips were stitched, your eyes still
I can never express that thrill ,

An unknown city new place
We met by chance
Felt like forever blessed.

Shame on my shy
I couldn't tell you
You are only my.

Often I think
At least you could try.

Grabbling you my wistful thought
Just for once tell me
You love me or not.

O blue eyes! Listen to me
From this sweet pain make me free.
You are the only reason
Of my smile and glee.

Copyright @
Sumana Bhattacharjee
20/11/2017





REPEAL OF A DEPARTED SOUL

Please don't cry
Standing before my grave,
Have you ever asked me?
What I really crave?

Every moment, each and every day
I tried to obey your words
What you used to say,

But never asked me
What I want , what my heart pray .

I spent my life
With enough pain, disdain
And anguish,
Never you heard my whisper,
You think life is only to cherish.

Please don't cry anymore
Before my grave,

It will make no difference
In my heart,
I’m now a girl brave.

Love was only a game to you,
Alack! You never know,
Its made only for few.

Do you want to know
In my life, what was your role?
Let me tell you, you never
Touched my soul.

To you I was doll
Have you ever loved me?
At all ?

Oh ! Don't cry standing
Before my grave,
Now! Now at least!
Let my soul rest in peace!

Copyright @
Sumana Bhattacharjee
4/1/2018





I'M SORRY

I'm  so sorry
I'm not happy with your
So called luxury
Nay !Not even with
The expensive jeweler!

Dazzling look
Some designer dress
Not enough for me to impress
You are a good heart unless.

But I love to enjoy full
Simply because the life is
So beautiful!

But where only attire speaks
The idea to me little doubtful.
Although you have the right,
To call me a fool.

Yes ! Important a pretty dress,
If it enhances your grace
But richer is love
An entire world
It can embrace.

It never catches my eye
Where the things mingle with lie.

Whatever my status
I love street food,

The effort of poor men
Behind the making of food,
Seems to me so good!

Let me get down
From your impressive car
Standing under the starlit night,
I want to count the
evening star .

Copyright@
SUMANA BHATTACHARJEE


SUMANA BHATTACHARJEE is a bilingual poetry writer from India. She is born and brought up in city Kolkata in a family of teachers. From her childhood she has a keen interest in music, poetry and drama. She is the author of "Eternal Thought" and her poem have been published in various national and international anthologies, magazines and blogs .

1 comment :

  1. Liked the poems as they somewhat reflect my own sentiments.

    ReplyDelete