Tuesday, August 1, 2023

ANA DEDOVA

 


ANA DEDOVA

 

I Curse The Day

 

I curse the day

when I met you,

when you met me,

when our bodies joined together.

 

I curse the day

when I loved you sincerely,

when you loved me insincerely,

as you gave me insincere promises.

 

I curse the day

when I shared my feelings with you,

as you took advantage of my joy,

and I confided you all my dreams.

 

I curse the day

because I let our love to burst into flames

because you substitute me with another

and you forgot our love.

 

Let Me

 

Let me be an artist,

to paint you a smile onto your face,

to paint you joy

with the colours of happiness.

 

Let me be a poet,

to write you emotional verses

and to sing you love melody.

 

Let me be wine

to dance onto your lips,

to be drunk by my love.

 

Let me be a story teller,

to whisper a story in your ear

and you to be fallen asleep onto my bosom

 

Passer-By

 

I am a passer-by

in pursuit of impossible.

I have packed my soul

into the case of life

and I have shed few tears secretly

to wash out the entire dirt.

 

I am travelling inside a time machine

between reality and dream.

I am walking along the streets

full of soulless people,

there is neither a drop of empathy

nor human solidarity

 

I shall follow those road signs

that will be chosen by my heart.

I shall start my journey with love

and great optimism,

my experiences to be sent to everybody

and joyful I shall return.

 

ANA DEDOVA

 

ANA DEDOVA was born in Kočani, Macedonia. She spent most of her childhood in Ohrid, Macedonia, which is the main 'culprit' for her first works. Her first book was published in 2012 with the title 'Ohrid pearls.' Occasionally her works are published in the student youth magazine 'IZLEZ. In 2015, she published her second book of poetry, 'Illusion', and two years later, she published her third book in Croatian, 'Your Angel's Face', dedicated to the Balkan pop star from Croatia, Danijela Martinović. It was promoted in Kočani, in the library 'Iskra' and in Skopje in the house of culture 'Kocho Racin', as well as in Zagreb-Croatia, in the most renowned library 'Medveščak', during the Croatian book month. In 2019, she published the fourth book entitled 'The Embroidery of Life', and last year she also published the collection 'The Voice of my Soul'. She is the winner of many awards and recognitions at the national and international level, of which the following stand out: Golden plaque, at the poetry festival 'Gocevi vidici' 2021. Special award from the world literary organization, for the best poetic work. Award for winning 4th place at the 9th International Poetry Competition 'Cities of Verses', organized by writers and literati from Croatia. Award for winning 9th place at the 11th International Poetry Competition 'Poetry of the Golden Verse: The Thread of Early Spring', organized by writers and literati from Croatia. Award for winning 1st place at the 15th International Short Story Competition, organized by writers and literary men from Croatia. She is a participant in many literary and electronic anthologies and anthologies in Macedonia, Serbia, Croatia, England and Italy. She has organized and participated in many humanitarian projects, both in our country and beyond. Ana has received the title (recognition) of an international ambassador for peace and humanity in the world and a 'Golden Pledge' certificate, organized by the World Literary Forum for Peace and Human Rights.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment