Tuesday, August 1, 2023

SNIGDHA AGRAWAL

 


Curtain Of Fog

 

My dearest...

  You will not remember the

   jasmine flower garlands

   I wound in your braids

   Its dying aroma left

   on pillowcases.

 

   You will not remember those

   nights on the terrace, our

   eyes locked in each other

   Full Moon felt distressed

   at our love transcending

   more wondrous spectacles

 

    You are too far gone to 

    recall who I am, your lover,

    lifelong companion

    now just a caregiver attending

    to your needs, to your

    distaste.  An unknown face.

   

If that's your style of cutting me off

The fabric of my love is far too strong

To be scissored with just a snap

like cutting an inaugural ribbon

I pledge to stand by your side

and will hold your hand

till you cross to the other side

I will meet you there when the fog

has lifted from your mind

© Snigdha Agrawal

 

Art Of Surviving

 

I hear cries of the past

Memories call to me

I question what

have I achieved

No answers come to mind

 

I introspect

I fight

I reconcile

Nothing pops up

 

So why am I mouthing

words of wisdom

to them who have seen the light

the ones enlightened

 

I'm a product of yesterday's

trials and tribulations

struggling to keep my

head above the water line

sinking and rising to stay afloat

in a fiercely competitive world

where failure is frowned upon

 

I keep on trying!

© Snigdha Agrawal

 

Giving The Slip

 

The smell of brewed coffee

Hot croissants out of the oven

Your breath smells of fresh mint

Sitting across the table

I piece together every morning

 

Lazy afternoons on the beach

Sleeping on our tummies

Chilled bottle of champagne

Seagulls raising a ruckus

Picture perfect living

 

Nights I have started to dread

Lonely without you in bed

My fingers clench and unclench

In anger and frustration

Letting you slip away unguarded

©Snigdha Agrawal

 

SNIGDHA AGRAWAL

 

SNIGDHA AGRAWAL (nee Banerjee) is Bengali born, raised, and educated in a cosmopolitan environment, with exposure to the Eastern and Western cultures, imbibing the best of both worlds.  With more than two decades of experience working in the corporate sector, her outlook on life is balanced, which reflects in her writings. A versatile writer, she writes all genres of poetry, prose, short stories, travelogues, and hotel/restaurant reviews on TripAdvisor, under the pen name ‘puchka’.  A published author of four books, the latest titled TRAIL MIX, is a book of short stories for all mindsets. The book is available on Amazon.

 


No comments :

Post a Comment