Tuesday, August 1, 2023

MIROSLAVA PANAYOTOVA

 


Unknown Authour

 

When a lot of time passes

the artifact shines

from inside

as if there was a lamp in it

which illuminates

the soul of man

who has passed

in the afterlife long ago

I experienced this some time ago

in the museum

considering antiques

and it was as if the sculptures were shining

from within

and the stone was glowing with eternal light

saved its author

it was only marked

the era

and maybe there was written "unknown author"

 

The Song

 

The song faded under my fingers,

it peeled off my fingers

and ran down the keys.

It wrapped the floor,

put out the candle,

it lit a cigarette and handed it to me,

to tell you about it later.

 

The Wall

 

Everything is so common and simple!

You only need to close your eyes

and forget your dreams,

put out the lights under your eyelids.

You have to forget the music,

the greenery in the rain,

the rain splash and the cold,

which tells you that you are still

what you are.

You have to close your eyes and smile,

smile at the rain, which is no longer rain,

smile at the grass, which is not  grass,

smile at the smile that isn’t a smile anymore.

The lamps go out into pre-morning twilight.

The street is scary, I’m afraid of the street.

The good is well chewed and weighed,

with a price tag!

Look, on the other side

they sell the good more expensive!

The wall is waiting for you,

the deaf wall is waiting for you.

Will you catch the fog,

will you catch the lie, long and nasty,

well oiled,

with interposed teeth?

 

White bouquets?

I’ll overwhelm you with them.

I stripped the trees,

I picked chestnuts,

I will shave my head

and will cover it with chestnuts

to have brown hair which I have without it!

I will drink water

from the fountain in the garden

but before I take a sip,

I’ll stop for a while

to hear the gush and grasp the meaning

of the coming sip

and the green leaves above me,

forming a broad-brimmed hat.

In the evening that comes,

I’ll look at the branches until I get frozen

and call the dog - just to see it.

 

MIROSLAVA PANAYOTOVA

 

MIROSLAVA PANAYOTOVA (Bulgaria) graduated from Plovdiv University, specialty Bulgarian philology and English language. She has published poems, stories, tales, aphorisms, essays, criticisms, translations, articles and interviews in periodical and collections. She has published the following poetry books: Nuances, 1994, God of the senses, 2005, Pitcher, 2014, Whisper of leaves, 2017, Green feeling, 2018; two books with stories: An end, and then a beginning, 2017, Path of love, 2018; two eBooks: Laws of communicatons /aphorisms/, 2018, Old things /poetry/, 2018. She is a member of the Union of the Independent Bulgarian Writers and a member of Movimiento Poetas del mundo. She is a member and a coordinator in the team to the e-journal Ghorsowar, too. Miroslava Panayotova is an ambassador of IFCH (International Forum for Creativity and Humanity). Her verses are translated in English, Spanish, Greek, Albenian, Uzbek.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment