Wednesday, May 1, 2024

NITA B GEORGE

 



 

To My Unfaithful Lover...

 

You

Have tasted

The fruit of Temptation

You

Know now

Sweet deception

Trust

My heart says,

"Yes"

My mind,

Ponders long.

Fear I

A fear

That

Returns

You

May never be

True

Again.

 

Love That Wasn't

 

Faded Infatuation

You

Trouble my heart

No more

The foreground

And

The background

Have merged

Giving

An emptiness

That

Always was.

Only,

My fantasy

Splashed colours

That

Faded now lie.

 

Midnight

 

A

Vampire

I

Feast on my imagination.

In life,

You are you,

But,

In my imagination

My fantasy

Chisels

You to a perfection

That

I fall in love

With

Again and again.

 

NITA B GEORGE


NITA B GEORGE is a poet and a short story writer having to her credit five published books, three anthologies of poems, a collection of short stories and her Memoir. An English teacher at the Graduation level, her interaction with young minds has given her a deep insight into human thought and human behavior. An animal lover, much of her time is passed with her pets.


No comments :

Post a Comment