Wednesday, March 1, 2017

GEORGE ONSY


GEORGE ONSY

TO EVE EVERYWHERE
FROM ADAM OF ALL TIMES

It took You,
God
More than
Just one rib
To form
Her structure
So tender
So fancy
To let
My impossible
Dream
Step out of
The realm of
Fantasy.

It took you
More than
Just one rib
To answer
The yearning
Of my heart,
Modeling
This living piece
Of fine art.

Yes,
You did take
Just one rib,
Altering my whole
Anatomy
Promising to put
Instead
Pleasure
In the place
Of loneliness,
Of agony.

You took
That one rib,
Filling
Its gloomy void
With
Strawberry-red
Flame of
Fire
That when I just
Woke up
I found no name
But called it
“Desire”.

Thanks be to you
God
For in my life
She waves
Wondering
Between
The reality and
Myth
But without her,
My so-called life
Would always have
The taste of
Death.

O God,
If you had not
Done
I would have
Taken out
My very heart
Out of the depth
Of my core,
Held it up, asking:
And this, Lord,
What is it for?
© George Onsy
June 2013




TO THE MOON

O moon,
With your bright face
You smile beauty
That ever woos
Ever whispers
Endless tales
Of overflowing love
Tell me,
How you have inspired
Myriads of poets
Throughout
The WORD’s history!
Tell me about
The poet who
First wrote
Your very existence
In His poem of creation!
George Onsy
© 2014



YOU ARE LOVE– 2

You are love
And so often
In my distress,
You surprise me
With a tender breeze
That softly soothes
My complaining skin.
Oh, such a bliss!,
And I wish to ask you:
Was it your whisper
Or your kiss?
George Onsy
© 2016



In Memory of Violence Victims Everywhere
TO THE BLOOD

O blood,
I wish you had
A sound
To crack the silence
Of conscience’s
Sleep profound

O blood,
I wish you had
No colour
Reminding me
Of a flower
Once given
By a victim
To his lover

O blood,
Others’ or mine,
Stay on earth
To draw clear
A long-awaited
Red line.
George Onsy – © 2014




WHEN I LEAVE THIS WORLD
SHALL I LOOK BACK? - 3

When I leave this world
Shall I look back?
Shall I look back
Trying to
Find
How its Maker
Had made it
Wishing to
Bind
Unbound
Variety
Into Oneness
Behind
Where each
Opposite
Strives to
Touch,
Through
Some sort of
Love story,
Its opposite
kind?
Yes, I would see
There
The great
Family of creatures
Where
All join within
An Eternal Unity
Desired
By an uncreated
Mind.

© 2013
GEORGE ONSY
George Onsy is an established Egyptian poet, writer and artist. Born in Cairo, Dec. 21, 1953. He lives Cairo, and is serving at present as a Professor of Technical English and writing at the Egyptian Russian University, Cairo after he had been teaching History of Art and Architecture at other academies. He is a Board Member at MRA/IofC-Egypt, Moral Rearmament/Initiatives for Change Association, where he helps with his visualization system display and analyze social and political problems of high complexity. He regularly posts his poems with his artworks on many international facebook pages and some websites, particularly the Italian international site, VERBUMLANDIART and OUR NATIONAL ARCHIVE, each has a complete section for his work. Some of his writings have been published in several international anthologies of poetry and are still published monthly on international websites. He was also honored at the art, literature and culture festival in Galatone, Italy, August 2014, for his poems and artwork display.
George has been working to communicate a needed psychosomatic spirituality through his artworks, poetry and music focusing on how to explore and enjoy Eternity starting in the Here and Now through a body-mind-soul harmony. He actively exhibits and lecture his philosophical and spiritual message internationally, applying his long experience in several areas, musical composition, media production, advertising, and educational system development. He is applying all these activities for World Peacemaking and Human Solidarity, especially through the leading group page he founded more than 5 years ago, AWAKENING-صحوة, which is an Arab International forum for discussing, analyzing and facing the Arab World’s crisis and challenges internationally.
At present, he is a Jury Member of WUP, WORLD UNION OF POETS, for their award contests and was elected to be one of their International Directors. He is also a Board Member at the American International Cultural Foundation FEELING INTERNATIONAL and a jury member for the Italian International association for art, literature and culture VERBUMLANDIART for their 2016 poetry contest in Lecce, Italy. He has also been awarded by the international organization, PENTASI B WORLD FRIENDSHIP POETRY, for his poems and artworks at the Festival GHANA 2016 in May 2016.


1 comment :