Monday, August 1, 2016

KRYSTYNA KONECKA

KRYSTYNA KONECKA

FAREWELL, CORNWALL…

…And no sooner I stood at the bottom of the ocean
longing to tame the armoured spine of a living shell,
than I rushed like light towards the land. To escape
the chase of the rise with the snout full of foam.

I only just stopped above the precipice of myths
where the oceans live from eternally alive springs,
when this primal landscape with gale in heathery fields
and a celtic cross, was taken away from me.

With each step immersing into the mysteries’ darkness,
with every glance  into the past of mouldy antiques
where the space like a locket in a drop on the stone,

with each moment  of astonishment  - like a moment passing
I return to my world. With a handful of sky and pebbles.
Farewell, Cornwall…
TRANSLATED BY EWA SHERMAN, ENGLAND

*
ŻEGNAJ, KORNWALIO…

… i zaledwie stanęłam na dnie oceanu
pragnąc oswoić grzbiet pancerny żywej muszli,
już pędziłam jak światło do lądu. By uciec
przed pościgiem przypływu z pyskiem pełnym piany.

I ledwie przystanęłam nad mitów urwiskiem
gdzie z wiecznie żywych źródeł żyją oceany,
zaraz mi ten pierwotny pejzaż odebrano
z wichrem na wrzosowisku i krzyżem celtyckim.

Z każdym krokiem w tajemnic mrok się zanurzając,
z każdym spojrzeniem w przeszłość zwietrzałych antyków
gdzie w kropli na kamieniu przestwór jak medalion,

z każdą chwilą zdumienia – jak chwila mijając
powracam w świat swój. Z garstką nieba i kamyków.
Żegnaj, Kornwalio…







THROUGH THE MIST
For Krysia Januszewska
Going. I still don’t know where. And from what origin.
And in the direction of what chasms. And withouth whose
hand while losing my way in the fog. And barely
guessing the cautionary sings on the horizon.

Darkness envelops me. From looking out for the trail
I am undoubtedly  going blind. My feet wounded
on the run, walk and dance, in a dream and in pursuit
of nothing. As deceptive as unconcern of birds.

Thus orienteering myself by the confusing sounds –
cricet’s whisper, love’s song, verbose silence, explosion’s
roar, crying of child, of mother, conversions’ sobbing,

golden horns withouth strings, eternal fears of the bells,
strings and keys underneath the hand of virtuosos –
I know. Wherever I get – I won’t return. I won’t…
TRANSLATED BY EWA SHERMAN, ENGLAND
**

POPRZEZ MGŁĘ
Krysi Januszewskiej
Idąc. Wciąż nie wiem dokąd. I od źródeł jakich.
I ku jakim przepaściom. I bez czyjej dłoni
we mgle się rozbijając. I na nieboskłonie
domyślając się ledwie ostrzegawczych znaków.

Mrok mnie oblepia. Od wypatrywania szlaku
Już chyba ślepnę. Moje stopy poranione
w biegu, marszu i tańcu, we śnie i w pogoni
za niczym. Tak zwodniczym jak beztroska ptaków.

Orientując się zatem na mylące dźwięki –
szept świerszcza, śpiew miłości, wielomówną ciszę,
huk eksplozji, płacz dziecka, matki, szloch nawróceń,

złote rogi bez sznurów, dzwonów wieczne lęki,
pod dłonią wirtuozów smyczki i klawisze –
wiem. Dokądkolwiek dojdę – nie wrócę. Nie wrócę








IN THE SNOW

It has fallen. On mountain hills. On trees. On waters.
It has grounded, like stretcher, field’s naked greyness
for the light shades of frosty landscape
with the wolf’s track across. And the lonely bird.

The snow is pearly. It sparkles dead-dark-grey bushes
into the jewellery shop window. On the whiteness
there are white ermines with black tails running.
Safe. Because the time of kings’ coats is extinct.

Silver death sculptures the space. Underneath shoots of life
in the cosy belly of Earth. In the cradle of waiting
before the floating ice begins to break like a fragile wafer.

And so the Christams Eve will last in white-colourful silence
with a spot of robin among hoar-frost and a flame of hind,
till the ices and snows take pity  on the world.
TRANSLATED BY EWA SHERMAN, ENGLAND
***

 W ŚNIEGU

Już spadł. Na górskie zbocza. Na drzewa. Na wody.
Zagruntował, jak blejtram, pola nagą szarość
pod świetliste odcienie mroźnego pejzażu
z wilczym tropem na przełaj. I ptakiem samotnym.

Perli się śnieg. Roziskrza martwo-bure chaszcze
w witrynę z biżuterią. Po bieli śmigają
z czarnymi ogonkami białe gronostaje.
Bezpieczne. Bo już przebrzmiał czas królewskich płaszczy.

Srebrna śmierć rzeźbi przestrzeń. Pod nią kiełki życia
w przytulnym brzuchu ziemi. W kołysce czekania
nim kra zacznie się dzielić jak kruchy opłatek.

I tak potrwa wigilia biało-barwnej ciszy
z plamką gila wśród szronu i płomieniem łani,
aż się lody i śniegi zmiłują nad światem.

KRYSTYNA KONECKA
BIALYSTOK, POLAND





No comments :

Post a Comment