Wednesday, February 1, 2017

BARBARA SUEN


BARBARA SUEN

THE EVER AFTER ALL

Tell me all about true love
and a thousand ever after dreams
visions of shiny gold and silver and silken white flowing gowns
Vows to cherish
to live a in a harmonious symphony with these gifts
sharing love, work, play, dreams
Don't tell me the "what if's" or "might be's"
of these things I know already .............
when time goes by taking the moonbeams and there are no more words
to say to each other anymore.
Soon after the cold winds come
shadows of purple parting the clouds in the sky
storms of life bringing hard times, bruised hearts
he cannot see the tears on her face
not in the rain
"For better, or worse"
was promised in front of God
He lied.
She imagined time had gone away
with her deserted heart, so still
for so long
her ice blue heart
Time wasted. Lesson learned
she whispers "Dear God"
"Dear God"
"hold my heart in your warm hands"
Please
"just hold my heart".
(all rights reserved b. suen)







BUILDING WALLS AGAIN

I thought peace meant
tear down the walls
promote Peace!
Now, tell me how
we will represent "One Nation Under God"?
On my knees I pray
"No more walls" !

The "Berlin Wall"
2.5 millions of East Germans fled.
They fled to west Germany.
Cold !!!
"The Cold War"- so Cold.
August 15, 1961.
Totally encircling West Berlin.
It's gone now.
"Tear down This Wall "!!!!!!
was the roaring sound of the people.
back in 1989!!!!

The Great Wall of China
Wow.
Seen from space.
Built over a period of 200 years
during the "Ming Dynasty"
Now just a wall
of antiquity, world wonder
5,500 miles of walkways and towers
Take a jog on that one!

Walls.  Plenty of them in history.
Do we really want to start building
another?
That is some messed up plan.
and the world's gone crazy again.
as if
a "wall" is not a sign of
I don't want you here.
separation.   segregation.  aggravation.
Our forefathers were immigrants too.

Pass on the Peace.
shake his hand and smile
Say "so glad to meet you"!
"My BROTHERS"
On my knees again I pray, "No More Walls"
(all rights reserved-b.Suen)






DON'T PICK THE ROSES

Once you cut the Rose
it starts dying
Even if you fence them in
they will reach for the sun
becoming reachable
again
behind the barbed wire
"Don't Fence Me In",
they seem to say.
and yet will cut you with their thorns.
bleeding
bleeding
"Crimson"
Your heart...
Something with so much beauty,
symbol of Love
"Love"
The beauty
The pain
Beware of both.
They go together.
always.
Give me a rose.  Just one.
I will take the beauty
I will embrace
the pain.
(all rights reserved-b. suen)
BARBARA SUEN

BARBARA SUEN is from Mishawaka, Indiana.  When not reading or "rock" painting, she is writing Poetry.  Her poems, inspired by gardening, animals, and the spiritual side of life, the sadness, and the joys.   Her poems have been published in "Potpourri Anthology Vol. 1", "Apple Fruits From An Old Oak",  "Dandelion In A Vase Of Red Roses". Also, published In several editions of "Soul Fountain" magazine and in "The Storyteller" magazine. My dream is to publish a full book of my poetry.



5 comments :

  1. Hi Barbara wow your poetry is wonderful I so enjoy reading you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much Dear Poet Deborah Brooks-Langford ! That means a lot to me. Barbara Suen

      Delete
    2. Thanks so very much Dear Poet Deborah Brooks-Langford ! That means a lot to me. Barbara Suen

      Delete
  2. I love Barbara's poetry, as it speaks of beauty and pain, both of which she has experienced. She searches for that illusive perfect love, which no human being can provide. She knows of a loving God, or higher Source, and she honors that holy Source as the only one who knows what to provide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much LLjane! what a wonderful statement.

      Delete