Wednesday, February 1, 2017

ISTVAN DABI


ISTVAN DABI

DOES THE BEAST OF PREY HATE?

If you can’t love
you haven’t to hate
If you don’t want to hate
you haven’t to love

Only try to understand
and accept
like he is really
though he differs from you

The tiger doesn’t kill the deer
because he hates him
only when he is hungry

he doesn’t hate his prey
nor loves it
only the man kills
of hatred
and sometimes of love.







OBSERVING THE CROWD OF MIGRANTS

If I could I’d leave Hungary with great pleasure
hearing: we want not a sole foreigner
NOT A SOLE FOREIGNER – though only foreigners
live here

one of my neighbours is Roma
the other – Jew
behind me a Slovak lives
over the street a Serbian
farther on a Swab
still farther a Bulgarian gardener

my protestant greatgrandparents were expelled from
their fatherland by their roman catholic compatriots

my grandfather was Serbian
my wife is Belorussian-Polish
but I am Hungarian

also the Hungarians wandered many centuries
were refugees – migrants
until reached this land called Hungary at present
here we are tolerated
but do we have to expel
who come to us
obeying the command: none of foreigners to Hungary?
and to go back from where we came???







PITY

I feel pity not
for the dead
because to the best of our actual knowledge
he remembers
he feels nothing
he doesn’t exist more
but for them who loved him
who is missing him
let nobody tell after my death
POOR ISTVAN
tell – poor is who loved me
and maybe will miss me

ISTVAN DABI
(HUNGARY)




No comments :

Post a Comment