Saturday, August 1, 2026

DONNA MCCABE

 





Affinity

 

I have found a love

As rich as a Pharaohs tomb

I feel just like a butterfly

Emerging from it's cocoon

I feel bold

I feel young

There is a song of joy in my heart

You're my charm of protection

When danger is near

You soothe away all thought of fear

I cannot breathe

I cannot think

My mind is in overload

We have risked a lot

To get this far

Our hearts sought each other out

A multi-coloured destiny

Our paths of life marked out

Together forever

You and I

My one and only sweet ally.

Donna McCabe ©

 

 

The Colour Of Midnight

 

The colour of midnight

So dark, so intense

Your life is a photograph

Shot through a lens

Old photos, new photos

Memories gone by

Some make you laugh

Some make you cry

But the ones that you laugh at

Are locked in your heart

You hold each one so dearly

You couldn't choose the best

And for the rest of your life

You will embrace the rest

Happiness, sadness

They go hand in hand

Life has no boundaries,

You make your own plans

So go forth and be bold

Your life is yours to mold.

Donna McCabe ©

 

DONNA MCCABE

 

DONNA MCCABE is an established poet, reviewer and artist from South Wales, UK, with over twenty-five years’ experience. Her work has gained her multiple accolades within her field of literature. From being published in journals, magazines and anthologies both nationally and internationally.  she is also a respected admin on many social media pages as well as having her own Instagram page and poetry page.


No comments :

Post a Comment