Wednesday, November 1, 2017

BLANCA ALICIA GARZA


BLANCA ALICIA GARZA

THE FORGOTTEN

Which is their fault?
if all they want
is the same things
as any other child?

Learn and play
live without fear
food on their tables
and a roof to feel safe

Innocent souls
with apprehension and
sadness in their eyes
still, kind and sweet
with the purest of hearts

They don't know selfishness
and will share what they have
even if only a piece of bread
they will cut it in half

They are happy
playing with a block
of wood on the ground
while your ungrateful kid
is crying for not having the
latest model of cell phone

While you are taking
pictures of your expensive
meals or clothes
they went to sleep
with their stomachs empty

This world is unfair, selfish
full of empty people.
No child deserves
to be the forgotten.

(Initially published on Indiana Voice Journal)




WITH EGO CHIMES THE CLOCK

The alarm clock chimes,
5 a.m. and another day starts
by sorting through the good
and bad that we have to
deal with every single day.
The unkindness of some
make me fear because,
egotism is certainly
the Special of the Day.
People walking by staring
down at their phones without
looking where they are going.
I wonder what kind of world
we will leave to our children
if this one is falling apart.
Teach our children
respect, all life is
scared, whether human,
animal or plants on
this wonderful planet.
Kindness and love
We need to put this
world back together
So they will have a
better place to live
without any kind of fear.

(Initially published on Tuck Magazine)




BLOCK ME NOT

Pieces of my notebook paper
lie scattered on the floor
Trying to write a poem but
nothing comes to my mind
The words in my head go in
circles without making sense
This time the writer's block
doesn't want to leave
I went to the kitchen
to brew some nice hot coffee
It's 3 a.m. and I'm still
totally and completely awake
My only companion, my
annoying cat sitting on my lap
I turned on the television,
but nothing was there either
Just those constant brain-
washers and bad news
Back again to my notebook
armed with my pen in hand
Ready to leave a piece of my
heart and soul in every word
The battle goes on and this
writer's block will not win.

(Initially published on The Poet Community)

BLANCA ALICIA GARZA


BLANCA ALICIA GARZA is a Poet from Las Vegas, Nevada. She is a nature and animal lover, and enjoys spending time writing. Her poems are published in the Poetry Anthologies, "Moonlight Dreamers of Yellow Haze", and "Dandelions in a Vase of Roses" now available at Amazon.com. Blanca's work can be found in  The Poet Community, Whispers, The Winamop Journal, Indiana Voice Journal, Tuck Magazine, Raven's Cage Ezine, Scarlet Leaf Review as well as Birdsong Anthology 2016, Vol 1.

No comments :

Post a Comment