Sunday, October 1, 2023

PARAMESHWREE MUNISAMY-ODOYE

 


Her Peace

 

Subtleness in her gait

A valiant struggle to keep herself awake till late

A sincere prayer to be forgiven

As she knelt down and placed her head to His feet

Not a word uttered to lure

Not a desire for heartache to cure

To her Lord she submitted her soul

To His Greatness she confessed her whole

Peace she only called for

Peace she only called for…

 

A Lotus’ Strength

 

Drops of water on a Lotus

Glittery from far

A mutiny seemed to falter afar

Bruised by the storms of ferity

Intentions clawed against sincerity

Drops of water on a Lotus

Glittery from far.

 

Hurt At Heart

 

Did I forget to remind you?

Yeah! Did I forget to remind to remind you?

That you are missed most after I misunderstood you?

That the smell of your hair wax

On my dress when the football match bored you to a max

Had my tears drooling frenziedly

While my anger and my repentance argued crazily

I left my brain with my heart

And settled down in hibernation and watched my heart

I never ever felt so serene

But serenity didn’t quench my thirst, serene

Serene was only a mirage

It only revealed damage

I needed only a handkerchief

To wipe off all the misunderstanding

I needed a wave to plunge away the hurt

From the sands that burrowed my heart and hurt.

 

PARAMESHWREE MUNISAMY-ODOYE

 

PARAMESHWREE MUNISAMY-ODOYE, Teacher, social worker and slam ambassador of her village. She has participated in various national slam poetry competitions in Mauritius. She is part of “Long and Longing- An International Anthology of Poems”. She is also part of two other Anthologies currently in process. Using words to soothe oneself is an art, many people are innate with, but are yet to discover its power. She’d like to be an inspiration for other poets and write her own anthology one day.

 

 


No comments :

Post a Comment