Sunday, October 1, 2023

TAGHRID BOU MERHI

 


A Fleeting Laughter!

 

The spider built its home, they praised it, it unleashed its neck and dreams and arrogance...

 

A passing laughter came, nodded at him with her head,

he looked at her from behind his thick glasses,

let out a suppressed sigh towards her, but collided with a stubborn wall, rolled away and tore apart the silence of conformity...

 

In a moment of abandonment,

with a mouth full of mockery, she asked: why all this lamentation!

 

She recites the protective verses and Surah Al-Baqarah and stands in front of God's door like a naked tree!

 

The soul awaits a cloud of purifying water, seeing it guiding towards my narrow horizon

And the hearts of the pious from God's books!!!

 

A moment of stability: the flute of sacred chants,

the beacon of night prayer, rituals of light, candles of love, and the holy books...

 

The moon listens to the full rotation, the sun shines brightly.

There is no narrow horizon left for laughter!

There is no place left for darkness!

 

Delirium!

 

I have always believed that I could weave braids of sunlight for you,

and celebrate your birthday with a tender kiss on your lips

 

But never did I think that limited mentality is for those with special needs...

 

Truly... Perhaps you think I am delusional, intimate with a scene that evokes no emotions or even reservations...

 

Despite my confession that sanctity has its speeches, making it seem like wearing a brace that restricts its movement with a Sufi rhythm, from the perspective that the foolish are those who follow foolish behavior...

 

You only run because you have two feet, not to show everyone your ability to run, not because you chase titles or fame;

 

What matters to you is simply being true to yourself...

 

Excessive fame is just a means to enhance extravagant appearances;

There are limits to lies, there are limits to summoning associated with intimacy and warmth...

 

"I know I am foolish, but I know what love is."

 

Ecstasy Bleeding!

 

It is a sensation that tickles the emotions with the colors of the spectrum,

dyeing all the dolls of my longing and death.

 

I cannot immerse my eager fingers in a fragile place that does not appreciate astonishment...

 

When I read Nizar Qabbani for the first time,

I laughed and cried and thought about writing a love poem about you...

 

But I simply chattered and drained love as love poets usually do...

 

I couldn't shape a soul or recreate in the reader's mind or blur a kiss...

 

Without looking back at anyone,

I felt amazed because I am not good at flirtation...

 

And it seems like the world is intertwined with you,

so why do I chase after my own demise while the scent of violets is mixed with sighs of longing and laughter sings above the clamor of dewdrops!?

 

Drops of longing rain descend and ignite the cloak of modesty,

and above the body of night, henna sleeps and marble undresses in the sanctuary of desire...

 

The harvest is sweet, and above the branch, jujube blossoms, arousing a handful of shyness as her heart twists with thirst...

 

TAGHRID BOU MERHI

 

TAGHRID BOU MERHI: She is a Lebanese poetess, writer, and translator living in Brazil. She is advisor to the International Union of Arab Intellectuals, in the Media Authority for Translation Affairs and advisor to the countries Al-Sham literary platform for literary translation. Editor of Al-Arabe Today, Rainbow, Literária Agharid, Al-Nil Walfurat, Literária and Allaylak Magazine. Fluent in Arabic (native language), French, English, Portuguese, Italian and Spanish. Her poems have been translated into more than 36 languages. She translated 14 books. Author of 15 books.

 

 


No comments :

Post a Comment