Sunday, October 1, 2023

VICTOR MANOLE

 


My Mother

 

You are the ray of sunshine

The droplet of spring water

You’re the clear sky that loves me

And the first longing of my life.

 

You’re my beautiful mother

Like all the seasons of life

You’re always in our home

My childhood and the days of my youth.

 

You taught me to find solace in faith

With the blessing given to you by God

You raised me to became a human being

On the right path without evil.

 

I miss you my mother

Because you’re far away from me

I want you to be next to me

I want to be next to you, mother.

 

From your love, mother

Now I have the respect of the world

I want my childhood

And I miss you, mother.

Copyright Victor Manole

All Rights Reserved.

 

The Early-Morning Sun

 

Early-morning sun

Heart in your arms

Lock me in an embrace with your rays

To ascend to the blue heights.

 

Sun, you’re wonderful

Life is in your hands

With beauty and purity

With the truth and justice.

 

You make our life

From between earth and heaven

Be like a magical bird

And a beautiful jewel.

 

Your rays are a flutter of butterflies

White as the doves of peace

With their wonderful,

Pure, genuine love.

 

You’re gold to the whole world

And build things like an ironsmith

You’re the world’s paradise

Ray of light and dream.

Copyright Victor Manole

All Rights Reserved.

 

If We Weren’t Like The Carpathians

 

If we weren’t like the Carpathians

And strong like their rock,

All enemies would have conquered us

And they would have divided us as they want.

 

If we weren’t united as brothers,

To be a single country,

They will move our Carpathians

And we will be left without longing.

 

Don’t forget, Brother Romanian,

That I’m telling you a truth,

It’s our duty today tomorrow

To be of help to our country.

 

Let’s have the power to defeat,

Let’s stick together, Brother Romanian,

Let the love for our mother, country,

Brother and longing be in our blood.

 

Our country is our fortification

And our ancestral heritage

From the Dacians, Romans

And not the brotherhood of our enemies.

 

Let’s not come to cry

In front of all our enemies,

Let’s all have the power to defeat

For our holy tricolor.

 

So I ask you, Romanian,

Let us be united as brothers,

Let’s protect what we have best,

It’s a shame to die a stranger.

Copyright Victor Manole

All Rights Reserved.

 

Translated From Romanian Into English By Gheorghe Georgiana-Laura

 

VICTOR MANOLE

 

VICTOR MANOLEÎntorsura Buzăului, Covasna, Romania. He was born on April 19th, 1948 in Sabangia Village, Sarichioi Commune, Tulcea County. He made his debut in 1983 when he published in the “Delta” and “Tricolorul” newspapers in Tulcea. He published many books: “Pollution and technical risk paradigms in contemporary society”, Napoca Nova Publishing House, 2018; “Appropriate words”, Haco International Brașov Publishing House, 2016 etc. He collaborates with various newspapers, magazines and co-authored many anthologies. He competed in many national and international contests and won various awards like: the Global Poet Award 2022; the “Golden Oak Tree” Award, Globart Universum Publishing House, 2022; First Prize and the Golden Medal at the “Cântarea României” National Festival, the “Golden Pen” Award, Globart Universum Publishing House, Canada, 2021 etc. He reviewed poetry books and novels of different authors and he appears in the second edition of the “Personalities of the Țara Făgărașului from the 1800s to the present” volume, authors: Ioan Grecu, Ioan Furariu and Lucia Baki, 2015. He’s a member of the Writers’ League of Romania and the World Poets Association.

 


No comments :

Post a Comment