Saturday, July 1, 2017

SCOTT THOMAS OUTLAR


SCOTT THOMAS OUTLAR

EYES OF INNOCENCE


I sneezed
open
the pathway to God

and saw
my holy father
staring back

urging me
to cross
through the light.

I said, Vanity of vanities!
I sang, Hallelujah, if you please!

I wept
until
the tears ran dry

and the flood
that came
helped carry me

to the other side
of
the great divide.

There is nothing new
under the sun
for sure

but the brilliant vision
reflected from
the spirit in the sky

remains forever
a blessed sight
to behold.





STOIC ANTICIPATION

There will come a time
when you are asked
to make a choice

and no man or woman
upon this earth
can help carry the weight for you

There will come a moment
when the strength of your shoulders
is truly tested

and the reward waiting
on the other side
is eternal life

There will come a day
when you are faced
with a final trial of faith

and don’t believe for a second
that you won’t be broken
sixteen ways to Sunday before it arrives





FORKS ON THE LEFT

I is not always me.
You is not necessarily you.

This is the first lesson
that must be learned
when devouring
my poems
with two and one-quarter
grains of salt.



SCOTT THOMAS OUTLAR


No comments :

Post a Comment