Tuesday, October 1, 2024

BARBAROS İRDELMEN

 


Hey Siri

 

Work will start soon

I'm the one across the street from my workplace

In a quiet corner of the coffeehouse

I'm sipping my coffee, newspaper in hand.

 

A young man sits two tables away from me

He left his cell phone on the table

He ordered a cup of tea and a feta cheese pastry.

 

In a medium voice,

Hey Siri, he said

 

Did he swear?

 

I looked around, no one was there but me.

The screen of the cell phone he left on the table

Illuminated from a meter away

 

Young man, what time did he say?

 

Is he asking me?

I looked at my wristwatch.

But his phone was faster than me.

It's 8:47 a.m.

 

The young man kept talking

Turn on the internet

What is the weather in Bursa?

Partly cloudy, rainy, air temperature 6-7 degrees

 

Send a message to the boss

Your message has been sent.

He drank his tea, his phone screen turned off

 

I asked with curiosity and fear,

Son, what is this like?

Uncle, he said, I don't know either

The infidel did it.

 

What I did with him, what I said.

What I listened to and everything I photographed

The whole world knows

We have no secrets anymore ...

 

Hey Siri

 

Biraz sonra mesai başlayacak

İşyerimin karşısındaki

Kahvehanenin sessiz bir köşesinde

Elimde gazetem, kahvemi yudumluyorum.

 

Bir genç benden iki masa öteme oturdu

Cep telefonunu masanın üzerinde bıraktı

Bir fincan çay ve beyaz peynirli börek sipariş etti.

 

Orta bir ses tonuyla,

Hey Siri, dedi

 

Küfür mü etti?

 

Etrafıma baktım, benden başka kimse yoktu.

Masanın üzerine bıraktığı cep telefonunun ekranı

Bir metre mesafeden aydınlandı

 

Genç adam, saat kaç dedi?

 

Bana mı soruyor?

Kol saatime baktım.

Ama onun telefonu benden hızlıydı.

Saat 08:47

 

Genç adam konuşmaya devam etti

İnterneti aç

Bursa'da hava durumu nasıl?

Parçalı bulutlu, yağmurlu, hava sıcaklığı 6-7 Derece

 

Patrona  mesaj gönder

Mesajınız gönderildi.

Çayını içti, telefonunun ekranı kapandı

 

Merak ve korkuyla sordum,

Evlat, bu nasıl bir şey?

Amca, dedi, ben de bilmiyorum

Kafir yapmış işte

 

Onunla ne yaptığımı, ne söylediğimi

Ne dinlediğimi ve fotoğrafını çektiğim her şeyi

Tüm dünya biliyor

Gizlimiz saklımız hiç kalmadı artık …

 

Seeing the sea

 

A park built by the seaside

Oh, it's beautiful.

Seesaws and swings

Children run and play

 

Shade under the trees

Waves cool the calm

My bare feet

 

He's only four years old.

He rushed past me.

He was shouting with his hands outstretched.

 

Turn off the taps!

Turn off the taps!

 

Her father was sweating and chasing him

Calling the child's mother

Mualla! Mualla!

Adam sees the sea for the first time...

 

Denizi görmek

 

Deniz kenarına park yapıldı

Oh, çok güzel

Tahterevalli ve salıncaklar

Çocuklar koşup oynuyor

 

Ağaçların altı gölge

Dalgalar sakin serinletiyor

Çıplak ayaklarımı

 

Daha dört yaşında bir çocuk

Aceleyle yanımdan geçti.

Ellerini açarak bağırıyordu.

 

Muslukları kapatın!

Muslukları kapatın!

 

Babası ter içinde onun peşinde

Çocuğun annesine sesleniyor

Mualla! Mualla!

Adem denizi ilk kez görüyor...

 

I Have Fears

 

Variety

I'm afraid of the devil

I'm afraid of the dark

Thunder

 

I'm afraid

From breaking and hurting

I can't crush an ant

I cannot separate the rose from its branch

I can't pluck the clover

 

Every drop of tear

Upsets and frightens

If I'm the reason

I'm not too lazy to apologize

I come from beyond the realm

You'll find me with you...

 

Korkularım var

 

Çeşit çeşit

Korkarım inden cinden

Korkarım karanlıktan

Gök gürültüsünden

 

Korkarım

Kırmaktan incitmekten

Ezemem karıncayı

Ayıramam gülü dalından

Koparamam yoncayı yerden

 

Her damla göz yaşı

Üzer ve korkutur

Bensem eğer sebebi

Özür dilemek için üşenmem

Taa öte alemden gelirim

Yanında bulursun beni...

 

BARBAROS İRDELMEN

 

Dr. Barbaros İrdelmen: Born in 1952, he has been living in Istanbul for 48 years, active in his profession. His selected poems have been translated into English, Greek and Spanish in national and international anthologies, poetry festivals and selection books. He is a member of the Poetry Columnist of the Literature Magazine, the Editorial Board of the Kirpi Literature and Think Journal, the Research and Publication Board of the Papirus Journal, and the Writers' Union of Turkey. Along with the author's seven published poetry books, sixteen e-Book Poetry books are available on Google books. 

 

 

 


No comments :

Post a Comment