Tuesday, October 1, 2024

JERNAIL SINGH ANAND

 


 

The Puzzle

 

I am not a man,

I am a shadow of manhood

Sometimes I give the impression

Of being a god

 

I am not even a poet

Words are little balls

With which I play

And arrange them in this or that way

 

I am too obsessed with myself

I am so full of myself

Only myself

That I stink and emit unbearable odours

 

I am not transparent

Even I don't know

What I finally do,

Who is behind my decisions

 

I think something else,

Feel something else,

Say something else

And act entirely different

 

You can meet me in parts

And try to reorganize me

As you put a puzzle together

If you succeed, please share your results.

 

Of Crisis And Opportunity

 

The system believed in simple things

It wanted its people

To believe in opportunity

So the system was trained

To create crisis upon crisis.

 

I had a work in an office.

Nobody listened to my appeals

At last I went to an officer

He came smiling

Never mind

 

Every crisis has a silver lining

Sometimes even the silvery hue

Might change to golden

We both were smiling now

My work had been done

And he had a pocket heavier than before

 

It is very simple

The society must know

How to create opportunities

Let us create crises

So that men could have a taste of opportunities.

 

The Minstrel

 

Just as a dog barks for some time

And then loses his bark

Turns normal

And goes to sleep

 

So are my words which

Get into a stir

Shake their long ears

Make some restless noise

 

But when they see

No one is interested

They utter 'choon choon'

And return to the alphabet.

 

Words whether they remain

In the body of a poem

Or stay in the dictionary

Don't tolerate treachery

 

I only pray

Even till my last day

Stay with me

O words, thou art my destiny!

 

JERNAIL SINGH ANAND

 

JERNAIL SINGH ANAND is President of the International Academy of Ethics. He is author of 165 plus books in English poetry, fiction, non-fiction, philosophy and spirituality. The Academy of Arts and Philosophical Sciences, Bari (Italy) honoured him with the prestigious position of Honorable Academic. He was awarded Charter of Morava, the great International Award in Creativity by Serbian Writers Association, Belgrade at the 60th Belgrade International Writers Meeting (Oct 2023), and his name was engraved on the Poets’ Rock in Serbia. Recently, he was awarded Doctor of Philosophy [Honoris Causa] by the University of Engg and Management, Jaipur abd Noman Survivors Literary Award from. Naji Naaman Foundation.  His most phenomenal book is Lustus:The Prince of Darkness [first epic of the Mahakaal Trilogy].

 


No comments :

Post a Comment