Tuesday, October 1, 2024

TARANA TURAN RAHIMLI

 


 

I Am A Woman

 

I’m not an artist,

but I know colors that many artists don’t.

The color of love, the color of longing,

the color of pain…

I’m not a composer,

but I hear sounds

that every composer doesn’t hear.

The sound of separation, sadness, hope.

I am not a gardener,

but I know the fragrance of

months and days like flowers.

My life is decorated

with a fragrant garland of bright emotions.

I am not an artist,

I am not a composer,

I am not a gardener…

I am a woman,

created by God at an auspicious hour.

in my eyes, in my heart

is God the light of love

 

I Am Not The One In The Mirror

 

It ran, looked, familiar face,

followed a piece of life.

I looked around for myself.

I’m not the one in the mirror.

It was ice statue in the stone mirror,

Frozen ice looking in the mirror.

My eyes are spring, summer, winter in the mirror,

I’m not the one in the mirror.

Luck it was my mirror reflects my luck

shows me a golden bed.

My God, what a happy shows

I’m not the one in the mirror.

My shots were numerous,

My eyes don’t even smile.

The mirror can’t look at me

I’m not the one in the mirror.

 

 

I Was So Quiet They Met With With A Stone

 

What place was this?

Who sent me here?

The giants saw the way

They made me travel a hundred miles.

They didn’t hear what I heard

They didn’t suffer enough.

They left no space in me

Say, where did I hide me?!

They took my spring like winter

They were confused as to what I did.

They knew I was quiet

They pushed me against the wall.

 

English translation by Anit Roy

 

TARANA TURAN RAHIMLI

 

TARANA TURAN RAHIMLI Assosiate Prof. Dr. Tarana Turan Rahimli is an Azerbaijani poet, writer, journalist, translator, literary critic, teacher, academic, is an active member of the International Literary Agency in Turkey, Azerbaijan, Philippine, Kazakistan, Italy, Oman, Belgium, USA. She is a doctor of philological sciences, Associate Professor, author of 9 books and more than 500 articles. She is the editor and reviewer of 25 monographs and poetry books. Her poems and prose works have been translated into 35 languages. The work has been published in more than 45 Western and Eastern countries. Her poems were published in Azerbaijan, England, Italy, Spain, USA, Germany, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Chile, China, Oman, Turkey, Russia, Romania, India, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Serbia, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia, Mexico, Greece, Morocco, Kosovo, Japan, Venezuela and in other countries. Including her poems and articles have been published in many international sites around the world, on periodicals and in anthologies. Prominent poets and literary critics of 15 countries wrote articles about his poetry, and her interviews were published in 27 countries. She has been awarded with more than 50 international awards and 300 honorary degrees and diplomas.


No comments :

Post a Comment