Tuesday, October 1, 2024

FALEEHA HASSAN

 


 

A Goat In A Cup Of Tequila

 

Like mothers of soldiers

being scared of military

mail that disturbs them in a quiet night

My heart trembled from the moment you were gone

I lost my secret satisfaction

With whom will I talk now

about my neighbour’s missing cat?

Who will believe me but you?

If I say the hungry squirrel eyes they only

Look like the hungry squirrel eyes?

Who cares about travail of words

that embodied the pangs of the fingers

that stuck this goat into the bottom of this cup?

With whom I shall share her pent-up screams

While she stands in a cold glass void without ears?

And before all of that

who will accept a drink of tequila

in cup in which a goat stands inside of it

Other than you?

 

Snow And Smoke Song

 

Before you bought her a flower,

you should have expected that,

It's snowing

I'm watching you now

Freezing together

You and her leaves

Maybe your girl now

Her mouth flirts with a warmth of cappuccino mug

Her body drowning in the folds of a woollen robe

But you

The closing doors stare at the stupidity of your t-shirt

Shaking their heads

Just a tree bending to the wind

Begging it to be affectionate tonight

Not to hurt your bones

Like it did with her branches

Don't worry

 Everyone make mistakes

He did too

He ignored my advice when I said:

Kiss the paper and send it to me

The kiss is more affectionate than words

If you intend to write me a love letter,

The years are passing by

Planets are fading away

And the earth is shrinking from its edges

However

I haven't seen yet the shadow of the postman's car.

 

Talk Between Us

 

‘Where you are going’

I read it in the driver's eyes

as he stares in the mirror at me.

Although the sky is so far away

no wing can collide with it, however

I'm worried about who's flying now

‘There, I pointed, on the edge of the sea!’

‘No bus stops there!’

‘Imagine one and let me out,

I will put all these waves in my bag,

Spread them whenever and where.

With bare hands I always separate

thorns from my days,

In the south of the south,

I live full of madness and perfection.

My dream is so wide

but I have no hope of finding hope. 

Leave me here.  By the way,

I am a poet.’

 

FALEEHA HASSAN

 

FALEEHA HASSAN: She is a poet, teacher, editor, writer, and playwright born in Najaf, Iraq, in 1967, who now lives in the United States. Faleeha was the first woman to write poetry for children in Iraq. She received her master's degree in Arabic literature, and has now published 26 books, her poems have been translated into English, Turkmen, Bosnian, Indian, French, Italian, German, Kurdish, Spain, Korean, Greek, Serbia, Albanian, Pakistani, Romanian, Malayalam, Chinese, ODIA, Nepali and Macedonian language. She is the Pulitzer Prize Nomination 2018, PushCaret Prize Nomination 2019. Member of International Writers and Artists Association. Winner of the Women of Excellence Inspiration award from SJ magazine 2020, Winner of the Grand Jury Award (the Sahitto International Award for Literature 2021). One of the Women of Excellence selection committees 2023. Winner of women the arts award 2023. Member of Whos’ Who in America 2023. SAHITTO AWARD, JUDGING PANEL 2023. Winner of HerStory Award from women’s Federation for world peace new Jersey 2024. Cultural Ambassador - Iraq, USA since 2018. Cultural Ambassador and worldwide literary advisor PEN CRAFT Bangladesh



No comments :

Post a Comment