Tuesday, October 1, 2024

MARIJA NAJTHEFER POPOV

 


 

Man Is Helpless

 

I am in the minefield,

An obliterated place,

I feel the rain of death every hour,

Pouring down the skies,

On the innocent people,

Men, women and children,

I know what it's like when they hate the killers,

And it's not their fault if they hate,

And when the smell of death is all around them,

Raindrops of death fall from the sky,

Life does not have any alternate.

Stop!

It is enough! It is enough!

Everywhere are the cries, I cry too

Under the canopy of death.

The sun is behind the smoke screen,

And I hear no laughter,

Everything gives a pungent smell of death,

Darkness dances all-around.

O my God!

Why is there war?

I know you don’t recommend,

We fight for our own interests and ego,

And it is the evil that has wrapped the world,

Now send your angels,

To fetch out humanity out of quagmire

For Man is helpless and hopeless too.

 

2

 

Our history penetrates the abyss

Since a word has no more echo

I raise my head

It's like you've heard

Kurjak howling from the mountain

How to go back

Dry mouth does not scream

The words leaked

The abyss has no origin

And it dries up

The desert of your soul will drink it

Dew is not enough for her

from my eyes

While I'm not listening

As the hen calls

and the lair follows

In vain!

Across the mountain

Dry mouth does not speak ...

 

3

 

Come get me tonight

When the owls fall asleep

And the moon falls asleep

When the stars fall from the sky

One by one

In my eyes

And it shines for you instead of a lantern

That you can come to me

Without much wandering

That's how I can help you

And touch the moss

Adjust the compass on that side

Deep in the forest of darkness

And creepy displays

There in a bush

In the wilderness and thorns

Shackled by fear

And the hopelessness of foreboding

I'm waiting for you and I'm shaking

Your glow is stronger

From the glow of tired stars

What's worse in my eyes

My white road turned blue

From cold fears

And your glow wears shackles

Carries redemption from nature

I want you too

I want to stay my own

If I stay my own

Without you, I will soar to heaven

If I give myself to you

You will put white silk on me

As a prisoner

From which there is no freedom

To the bride in heaven

To make weddings

 

MARIJA NAJTHEFER POPOV

 

MARIJA NAJTHEFER POPOV: She was born in Sivac (Backa, Vojvodina, SERBIA) in 1958. Since 1996 she has lived in Zrenjanin. Her poems have been published in more than a hundred national and international poetry collections, in various national and foreign magazines, and translated into several languages.Her first independent collection of poems is “I write to a woman” from 2018. The reason behind her poetry is that “Love starts everything”. She is the author of the WORLD ANTHOLOGY 2021 / SERBIA, in which 352 poets from all over the world participate.

 


No comments :

Post a Comment