Tuesday, October 1, 2024

PETROUCHKA ALEXIEVA

 


 

A Magic Mirror Talks To Me

 

The entire week unbearable heat

the asphalt road melted and cracked;

then, the rain filled the little hole. Voila!

The mirror was formed, right in front of my home.

I was dressed in my office suit, attire.

The rain mirror just stared at me,

fresh and crystal clean, reflecting my face.

 

“Don’t worry”, I’ve heard a whispering voice.

“You think only a crystal ball can tell you all

about your life ahead? I am flat;

so, I can do better than that.

Would you like to know?” – the mirror said.

And began showing me in his flat screen,

things with a detailed explanation…

 

“Pretty soon you will have a new life,

office in skyscraper that touches the clouds.

You’ll see all the ruby-red sunsets from above.

You’ll travel on your luxurious yacht

and fly in your plane to distant places

that will take your breath away.

 

Your life quest will be ok. There will be

some cracks, but you’ll succeed, indeed.

Embrace your dreams. You’ll do well...”

In the same mystic way,

the shallow mirror just faded its panorama

and… I woke up...in my cozy pajama.

®© Copyright All Rights reserved

 

On the Globus There’s a Landmark

 

On the globus, there’s a landmark

that I treasure for life.

It’s name is engraved on my heart.

Its name is whispered

by the blood in my veins.

 

I keep there a chest full of treasures

– the memories of childhood,

all of the secrets of my youth,

my mother’s lullabies

and every father’s advice.

 

It has the scent of blossoming cherry

and China rose. The mirror remembers

my prom, my wedding,

the days when my two kids were born.

The other places are just dots

on the map that I pass by in this life.

on the map that I pass by in this life.

®© Copyright All Rights reserved

 

The Liquid Gold Hunter In Tibet

 

After eight signatures and eight heavy stamps,

I am able to get my gear and disappear

from my own land. Here, I am

- An alpinist with medical rescue degree and

a heart opened for cultures and…honey-bees.

So, I join a small medical team.

 

Running on our four wheels,

we finally reach our far-a-way destination,

a village settled among the old beautiful trees

deep in soul of Nepal. What a nature creation!

In a distance, a crown of wild clouds

adorns the snowy majestic picks, but the team

is not here to climb to the sky. Not even a bit.

 

I’m with Him in the morning of this glorious day.

He climbs up barefoot to provide for food

and some wealth; so, his kids can go to school.

 

He performs a ritual to honor the Gods.

Then, he sets a few thick ropes.

No metal gear, no fancy knots,

just few hand-weaved baskets full of hope.

His heart knows not fear.

The bunch of smoking okai leaves

chase away the Himalayan giant bees.

 

“I’ve got the skills from my dad”, he says.

All day, he loads baskets

with sweet combs of liquid gold.

His eyes are on focus and sharp,

but his heart and soul are soft and warm.

“I pray the ancestral craft will exist,” He smiles

over his luxury cup of honey tea.

®© Copyright All Rights reserved

 

PETROUCHKA ALEXIEVA

 

Ms. PETROUCHKA ALEXIEVA is a well-known as a LOVE poet, distinguished scholar and TV persona. She is a life-time member of four Distinguished Scholar Societies. She is a Cum Laude graduate at CSULA (2009) and “All American Scholar Award“- recipient (2008). She speaks8+ languages. She was teaching a Japanese Tanka writing. Her literary and scholarly works were highlighted in venues, on ”Daheli Live!” TV show, ceremonies and numerous open mics. She was working with gifted and talented children in ICAF, NASA, etc. Her poem “My Gypsy Soul” is dedicated to Sally Ride (the first American woman in space and the first shuttle captain) is honorary uploaded to Europa Clipper spacecraft. For her outstanding life-long achievements, Ms. Alexieva’s name was included 3 times among the most distinguished Earth’s citizens list of NASA’s Mars Exploration Rover (2003) capsule and Science Laboratory Rover (2011) list and “Message on the Bottle” NASA’s Europa Clipper spacecraft.


No comments :

Post a Comment