Monday, January 1, 2024

BARBARA DI SACCO

 



 

Voice Of Life

 

Water at the source

it's a new, ringing voice

like crying a newborn.

Flowing vital

singing voice

of the swaggering teenager.

Torrential, disruptive, the waterfall

swollen and lovingly fertile

Be a satisfied voice

of enterprising adult.

The river finds plain and becomes full river

Calm, mature tone of an old man

and finding boulders and pebbles

water gets noisy

like mumbling about grandparents.

The smooth flow

from upstream to valley

towards the sea

It is equal life cycle, its singing.

Forces and races

to get there

to scream in the sea

that encompasses everything in a wave.

A destiny you can't escape

but in the end it is good

that always water returns.

 

Share

 

Between palms of hand

The white lily

pure candor

solitary prayer

is already confession

to your creed

without any interloquire

just you and what you believe.

Pure feeling opens the soul

to genuine words like bread

to be divided into the communion of peoples

diners at the table of the whole earth

to be fed in equal portion.

So in the cup, the hands

to serve good spring water

to those who want it.

Who walks on the sidewalks

always find those who need, suffer, ask

a glass, a blanket

A warm place to sleep

shelter from the hot sun.

A mouthful, he asks, hunger to be filled.

A sweet word or a smile

of comfort.

Indifference must go to confession

The worst evil

That occludes the eyes and the heart.

 

All In One Spiral

 

My grandfather put it to my ear

a shell

beckoning to listen

the sound of the sea.

I closed my eyes and let myself be carried away

on ships, galleons, dreaming of pirates

and conquerors, explorers.

The story of a little girl

exonerated sinners

totally praising

those who were usurpers.

It was said of head cutters

mummificers

of Pelli rosse skilled in scalps.

But my curious little head

had seen Ku Klux Klan actions

I knew the name of Martin Luther King

images of Mahatma Gandhi

of Vietnam.

I read London, crying for the dog

in Call of the Forest.

I loved American Indians

The last of the Mohicans, I loved bears.

Then I met the name of Biko, of Nelson Mandela.

The history of the Boer and the conquistadors.

At only eight years old, my favorite singer

it was Barry White, I had an infatuation with him.

Lennon's Picture was my Christmas carol.

Then I studied, looking for real news.

and I loved the jungle, the glaciers, the desert

Lost islands from west to east

From north to south, the true cross.

I chose tribes from metropolitans.

I often listened to that shell

continuing to hope that the arrogance would disappear

to the sound of jazz, blues

in a tribal dance.

By magic of the sound of the sea.

 

BARBARA DI SACCO

 

BARBARA DI SACCO: Italian poet, Tuscan, defines herself as a painter of poetry, painting it. This is how she defines it: She is a regal lady, naked or in petticoat, so hurriedly she goes out, by day, by night. Vague, if you do not immediately welcome it into your feelings. Barbara loves art in all its forms and planet Earth. She has the presumption to save it through poetry.

 

 

 


No comments :

Post a Comment